Starry Garden is a Play-by-Post Game set in a post apocalyptic world where years of intense warfare have ravaged the Earth, destroying the ozone layer and rendering the planet uninhabitable. Humanity has flown up into space, led by the New Earth Federation to try and find a new planet to call home, referred to as Eden. Whether or not they'll ever find it is unknown, but in the meantime, they've jerryrigged the moon into an enormous spaceship for their home base, and are cultivating several uninhabitable colony planets for resources.
Not everyone is cool with the new government, however: there are space pirates and revolutionaries lurking everywhere in the depths of space, so the New Earth Federation has founded the Federal Exploration Unit, a glorified military they use to hunt down pirates and other radicals. Both factions do battle with ICEs - Interstellar Combat and Exploration units - enormous robots developed back during the great war. Of course, it's not clear that the Federation is entirely trustworthy either, so it's up to the players to choose who their character sides with: will they be a dog of the Federation or a bloodthirsty space pirate? Or a member of a Voyager crew: unaffiliated ships that roam the stars, trying to find Eden. Or none at all, even - it's entirely up to you.
A recent startup, Starry Garden is always looking for new members, and welcomes anyone as long as they follow all the rules. Not much has happened yet, but there are plenty of lingering plot threads to follow and new worlds to explore. It can be found here if you're interested, or if you just wanna read all the topics. That's cool too!
Tropes related to Starry Garden
- Absent Aliens: Despite this being a sci-fi RP and humanity going into space with giant robots, there have suspiciously been no aliens yet. Huh.
- After the End
- Artificial Gravity
- Asteroid Thicket: There's a big ol' asteroid field between two of the colonies that's home to a bunch of space pirates who have made their hideouts there.
- Casual Interplanetary Travel: Made possible after the invention of warpspeed travel.
- Colony Ship: Along with the moon itself being made into an enormous space ship, there are smaller colony ships that orbit the main planet of the sectors humanity has scouted out to harvest resources from.
- Crapsack World: Resources are scarce, and most people don't have enough money to moves out of the slums on Bahamut.
- Deflector Shields
- Earth That Was: Totally fine until humanity blew it up in a giant war. Whoops.
- Energy Weapon
- Explosions in Space
- Generation Ships
- Homeworld Evacuation
- Humongous Mecha
- Mile-Long Ship
- New Eden: "Eden" is the hypothetical planet humanity is searching for: a world with similar properties to Earth that they could make their new home.
- Planet Spaceship: The moon is now a spaceship. For reals.
- Sci Fi Writers Have No Sense of Scale: Both administrators confirm that they have no idea what they're doing when it comes to this.
- Single-Biome Planet: Well, there's the fire planet, the ice planet, and the big gassy planet, and... yeah.
- Space Battle
- Space is an Ocean
- Space Navy: The Federal Exploration Unit
- Space Opera
- Space Pirates
- Stealth in Space: The Mirage is an ICE unit with deflectors that let it appear invisible to other ICE - if it moves slow enough, it can even be invisible on radar.
- The Federation: The New Earth Federation.
- Wagon Train to the Stars