On a Steampunk Earth, during the early 20's, the wealthy Grandfather invites his entire family for a reunion on his private island. However, this family had been dysfunctional and has skeletons in their closets. Also, everyone has a minor power that gives them an edge over their peers, ranging from Hammer Space to metal-bending to Shapeshifting. Although none of these powers are combat-related, everyone finds their powers no stranger.
Were skeletons in the closet mentioned? Every single person has one, and every one of them has a reason to hide it.
"Remember, just cause you're blood doesn't mean you're family..."
All character tropes should be here.
This Roleplay provides examples of:
- Alternate History: Steampunk technology was made somewhere during the 1800's, and the Civil War didn't last as long.
- Artistic License Gun Safety: Alexia lampshades this when she is pointing a loaded gun right at Miles, ignoring the chances of discharge.
- Clock Punk: There are also some elements of this.
- Dark Secret: Almost every single character has one. Either that or Hidden Depths.
- Groin Attack: Christina delivers one to Miles.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Everyone's power.
- In Spite of a Nail: The Woman Suffrage Movement and Prohibition is happening in spite of changes to the timeline.
- Lampshade Hanging: Some players like their characters to point out certain tropes.
- Mood Whiplash: One page, Miles and Lucia are having a conversation about how his horrible cooking summoned an Eldritch Abomination. A few pages later, Miles goes into a violent rage.
- Remember the New Guy?: Lucia was introduced in the middle of the zeppelin ride. This is lampshaded.
- Schizo Tech
- Secret Keeper: A few family members know another family member's secret.
- Seemingly Profound Fool: A character is actually called this.
- Shout-Out: Vyctorian states that Samson's appearence is based off of Watari's. who also has a lot of mysterous talents.
- Webcomic Time: Several weeks in and only twelve hours had past in the RP.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Some characters seem to fade in and out of the roleplay.
- Zeppelins from Another World: Of course, since it's a Steampunk RP.