Re Evolution is a sci-fi roleplaying board which launched in Fall 2013. The board is host to the REvo main universe and its meta, and the separate universe of the Prometheus Academy for Higher Learning, a Morning Glories-inspired game that takes place in an Alternate History.
The premise of the first game was more or less the same as Evolution: a group of teenagers from the United States is abducted, experimented on, and released in a compound to fight each other to the death For Science!. The main game of Season One is currently in its final stages, and planning for Endgame is underway.
The premise of PAHL centers around the eponymous Boarding School of Horrors, an elite university that selects the best and brightest of its region's incoming college freshmen to enroll - whether they want to attend or not. PAHL is set to be REvo's first venture into full PvE territory. Character sign-ups for PAHL are currently open.
The board can be found here.
- A Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Read: Alyssa Montrove's mutation is mind-reading. It doesn't work out well for her.
- Abusive Parents: Part of Maiv Koo's backstory is that her mother was emotionally abusive and manipulative, leading her to cut off ties with her family.
- An Ice Person: Dawn Fraser's mutation is that anything she touches freezes. Including her clothes.
- Axe-Crazy: Alyssa Montrove and Maiv Koo.
- Blessed with Suck: All of the mutations are this, if they're not outright useless.
- Knife Nut: All the characters are given knives to use against each other in the experiment, and they are put to good use.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: Aside from the twenty or so player characters in Season One, the meta has introduced several dozen plot-relevant NPCs. There are enough running around that one of the meta entries is just a roster of who belongs to what faction.
- Overly Long Name: Rudger Donovan Carver and Eleftherios "Lefty" Eliopoulos. The first thing they do upon meeting is make fun of each other's name.
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: Alyssa Montrove's mutation allows her to read minds. According to one interpretation, this includes the mind of the reader.
- There Can Only Be One: The purpose of the experiment is to isolate the most suitable test subject by killing all the others.
- Alternate History: The universe of PAHL branches off from the real world around the end of World War II.
- Energy Beings: The "psychics" who power the Academies are possibly something like this. Whatever they are, they aren't human.
- Only Sane Man: The anomaly "It's Not Me, It's You" is not actually having an anomaly beyond being hyper-aware of others'.
- Teen Genius: A requirement, since the player characters for PAHL must be the most promising students their region has to offer.
- Wacky Cravings: The anomaly "Fridge Horror" has less to do with the actual trope and more to do with a non-pregnancy example of this.