Following off the heels of Pokémon Alexandrite, the roleplay is a darker take on the Pokémon series, structured such that players contribute their own plotlines and story.
Pokémon Lavender contains examples of:
- Apocalypse How: The heroes have to stop a Type 0 from occurring in Kanto and Johto via earthquake. They failed.
- Bland-Name Product: In a (rare) lighter moment, Dez challenges Jack to a game of Pugnacious Pidgeys.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Kris is essentially an Expy of Luna Lovegood by design.
- Darker and Edgier: The earthquake, if not stopped, threatens a death toll in the millions. It followed through on it as well. Lampshaded by Helsie. And now Jack has died with his Pokémon to boot.
- Didn't Think This Through: Riley's overuse of gas grenades gets the group stuck for some time in an underground base, since the grenades aren't dispersing very quickly.
- Expy: Lots of the characters are based off of their Pokémon Adventures counterparts.
- Get a Hold of Yourself, Man!: Zexy delivers one to Rob after his brother dies and he threatens to kill the CEO of Pitchblende.
- Implacable Man: November's Cofagrigus, every single time she releases it, will attempt to eat her and the other members of the party, shrugging off attacks as it goes.
- Joke Character: Desmond is explicitly stated to have been based off the Bug Maniacs from Hoenn. Who generally suck at battling. True to form, he has a team of all Bug-type or bug-like Pokémon
- Lethal Joke Character: Desmond comes loaded for bear against people who would demolish ordinary Bug Catchers and has shown himself to be quite a capable battler.
- Literally Shattered Lives: Jack meets his end this way after November's Froslass freezes him while he's running.
- The Load: November's team of Pokémon have proven thus far to be the most potent obstacles in the series. Froslass even killed Jack.
- Meaningful Name: Named after Lavender Town due to the excess of Creepypasta surrounding it.
- The Medic: Leo's team focuses primarily on healing, with the possible exception of Hastreebel.
- Only Sane Man: Serena, for the most part. She's certainly the least quirky out of the group.
- Shout-Out: Rob owns a Torchic named Zexy.