On the eve of the eldest princess's birthday, a banished Sea Witch harbored enough strength to break out of her ancient prision. Powerful, insane, and murderous in her intentions, she slaughtered the royal merfamily. However, after a twist of fate, one of the princesses manages to escape, ending up in the Kingdom of Kherim. There, The Little Mermaid meets Little Red Riding Hood, who, by helping the distressed princess, was inflicted with a curse. The story thickens when the Sea Witch's monsters begin to attack Kherim. In retaliation, the crown prince formed a brigade of thirteen with two main purposes: to eliminate this threat, and save Little Red Riding Hood's life before it is too late.
Of course, this group (plus Robin Hood) just needs to learn to get along, but of course that's much easier said than done.
There is now a character sheet found here.
Tropes found in Grimm Strings:
- Action Girl : Vilissa
- All Love Is Unrequited : And how.
- Beauty = Goodness : The younger, more beautiful Blythe is a good guy, unlike her older self, who trapped Sophia, Eve, and Evan.
- Dances and Balls : How Vilissa and Zach met. Double points for being a masquerade ball.
- Earn Your Happy Ending : And how.
- Evil Matriarch : Veronica's stepmother.
- Fairy Tale : Gee. I wonder
- Fiery Redhead : Denying it won't make it any less true, Davi.
- Friendless Background : Many of the characters. Sophia gets special mention for being in a tower her entire life.
- Involuntary Shapeshifting : Alcott transforms into a frog when he croaks. Also Celino, but not often.
- Older Than They Look : Blythe and the Sea Witch fall under this category. Of course they're attractive, once you get past the age thing.
- Rags to Royalty : Not quite royalty, but Davi did strike it rich after that whole beanstalk incident. Not to mention Malthias.
- Rebellious Princess : Veronica
- Unlucky Childhood Friend : Alcott for Veronica. Lost to his brother no less.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting : Celino, most of the time.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist : Sophie and Garnet. Justified in that one is a mermaid and the other lived in a tower her whole life.