The Titans set out to rescue Rachels birth mother from a mysterious psychiatric facility, but find themselves confronting their deepest vulnerabilities and fears.
- Asshole Victim: The entire asylum staff are all unsympathetic jackasses, so no one's gonna be sad after they all die.
- Bedlam House: The setting of the episode.
- Blood-Splattered Innocents: Gar makes his first kill as a tiger, and goes on a Heroic BSoD after reverting to his human form covered in his Asshole Victim's blood.
- Burn Baby Burn: Dick burns his Robin suit after Kory set the asylum on fire, finally letting go of his old identity.
- Chekhov's Lecture: During the beginning of the episode, Dick stops Kory for using her powers within the asylum due to the gas pipes surround it. Near the end, Kory does just that so they could escape.
- Face Your Fears: Dick hallucinates his younger self, beating him up and furious about what he's made them.
- Future Me Scares Me: Dick hallucinates his teenage self giving him The Reason You Suck Speech for becoming a violent person.
- Heroic Willpower: Dick manages to resist the drug he's given.
- Let the Past Burn: The episode ends with Dick watching his Robin suit burn in the fire, symbolising how he finally let go of being Robin.
- Meat Grinder Surgery: The Asylum staff planned to study Kory's biology by bisecting her wide awake.
- Mysterious Parent: Rachel meets her birth mother, Angela.
- The Place: Referring to the Bedlam House the episode is set in.
- The Promise: Rachel reminds Dick that he promised he wasn't going to leave her.
- Rage Against the Reflection: After his No-Holds-Barred Beatdown on the asylum guards, Dick sees his reflection on a water. Remembering his fear of becoming a Blood Knight, he promptly drops the wrench he used as a weapon on it.
- Self-Mutilation Demonstration: Dr. Adamson cuts his own throat to reveal Rachel's healing abilities to her.
- Strapped to an Operating Table: Upon being captured, Kory gets strapped to an operating table and cut open.
- Wrench Whack: Dick uses one as a weapon against the guards towards the end of the episode.