Marge is worried that Lisa's interest in budding competitive eater Lucas Bortner (voiced by Zach Galifianakis) will lead to a life of marrying Homer-esque slobs. Meanwhile, Bart befriends Snake the criminal.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When Homer asks Marge where she got her new dress, she asks him if he remembers the sewing machine he says she never uses. When Homer says he remembers, Marge told him she sold the machine and bought the dress.
- Big Eater: Lucas, but he can't eat that fast.
- Comically Missing the Point: Chief Wiggum used to misinterpret the out of "three strikes and you're out" as being out of prison. When that law was replaced with one that read "four balls and you walk", he doesn't see how someone can interpret this as anything other than walking into death row.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: When Marge tells Homer to ask Lisa out on a "date", he tries calling her as if a teenager was getting nervous about calling a girl he has a crush on (even using lines like "Hi, Lisa? I know your brother.")
- Exiled to the Couch: Inverted. Homer exiles himself to the couch after he feels Marge is ashamed of being married to a pig of a husband.Homer: I'm sleeping on Flanders' couch. Ours is crap.
- Given Name Reveal: Snake Jailbird's full name is revealed to be Albert Knickerbocker Aloysius Snake (meaning that his previous names Snake Jailbird and Chester Turley are either aliases or have been retconned by the writers).
- High Hopes, Zero Talent/Tragic Dream: Lucas wants to be a competitive eater, but he's not really that good at eating fast.
- I Can Change Him: Why Lisa goes out with Lucas, despite Bart's warning that he's just "Ralph Wiggum with a dream".
- Imagine Spot: Marge has one where Lisa and Lucas are married, and Lucas swallows Lisa whole after feeding him 20 steaks.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: When Marge shows off her skimpy dress to Homer, he remarks that it looks like the dress she wore in her guest spot on Project Runway before Marge tells him to keep quiet about that.
- Like Parent, Like Spouse: Marge fears that Lisa is seeing Lucas because he reminds her of Homer. This leads her to make Homer act more gentlemenly in front of Lisa in the hope that she will date a better man.
- Lucky Charms Title: Lucas insists on writing his name with a dollar sign for the S (like the singer Ke$ha). He also insists on pronouncing the dollar sign, thus calling himself Lucadollar Later he replaces the L with a pound sterling sign and calls himself Pounducadollar.
- Marilyn Maneuver: Marge does this to seduce Homer at the Guilded Truffle.
- Parental Incest: Several jokes emerge from Marge telling Homer ask Lisa out on a "date" to act like a better male role model, topped off with Cletus telling him that he actually did date his daughter.
- Special Edition Title: The opening sequence and Couch Gag are animated in the style of Minecraft.
- Stick 'em Up: Snake escapes from jail after holding an Allen wrench to Chief Wiggum's throat.Lou: Chief, we have guns. He just has a tiny wrench.Chief Wiggum: But it's really cold!
- Suicide by Cop: Snake says this is how he'll go down the next time he's arrested. Chief Wiggum dreads it because it sounds like a lot of paperwork.