After Naofumi survives thanks to Mirelia's help, she comes to visit him and tells him the truth behind the summoning of the Heroes and the discrimination against the Shield Hero. She also promises to clear his name and holds a trial for Aultcray's and Malty's crimes. Which one will prevail between Naofumi's long-awaited revenge and a more fair sense of justice?
Tropes for this episode include:
- Adaptational Nice Guy: In the manga, the Queen leaves Malty and Aultcray's fate in Naofumi's hands. When Malty tries appealing to him as though she did nothing wrong, he demands the death penalty, only for the Queen to change it to their titles being stripped and their names changed as a compromise. Here, it's Naofumi who changes it from a death sentence to dishonor, the Queen willing to sacrifice herself as tribute in their place if he still demanded blood.
- Compulsive Liar: Even when it is proven that the slave crest gives Malty a painful shock whenever she lies, she continues to play the victim.
- Cruel Mercy: Naofumi sees that Malty is genuinely crying out to him for mercy and is convinced not to have Aultcray and Malty executed, proclaiming to everyone that it would be too quick of a punishment. Instead, they are renamed "Trash" and "Bitch" ("Whore" as her adventurer name) and lose their royal titles.
- Excuse Boomerang: In a fit of anger, King Aultcray confesses that he conspired against the Shield Hero.
- Face Death with Dignity: Despite facing execution for the crime of conspiracy and treason to discredit and kill the Shield Hero, Aultcray does not beg for his life.
- Illegal Religion: The Queen has the Three Heroes Church abolished and replaced with the Four Heroes Church instead. The general public seems to agree with her.
- Karma Houdini Warranty: The Queen has the King and Malty tried and found guilty for conspiracy, summoning the Four Heroes by himself and jeopardizing relations with the other countries, jeopardizing the safety of the kingdom during the time of the waves, allowing the Three Heroes Church to get away with as much as they did and falsely convicting the Shield Hero of crimes he did not commit. If it was not for Naofumi's Cruel Mercy, they would have lost their heads.
- Knight In Sour Armor: When the Queen offers to host a party in his honor, Naofumi rejects it, preferring to work with everyone in combatting the waves instead because he knows being honored and respected won't make him happy.
- Off with His Head!: Subverted. When they are found guilty of their many crimes, Aultcray and Malty are nearly beheaded with a guillotine before Naofumi puts a stop to it.
- Shock Collar: Knowing that she is a Compulsive Liar, the Queen has a temporary slave crest put on Malty so that they could tell whether she is lying or not. It works like a charm.
- Take Me Instead: If Naofumi hadn't stopped the execution, the Queen would have offered to kill herself in their place, having kept a knife hidden on her.
- Vengeance Feels Empty: Even as Naofumi's name is being cleared and his enemies are being publicly shamed, he acknowledges that it doesn't make him feel any better.