When Kripke humiliates him on national radio, Sheldon plots revenge. At the same time, Howard's relationship with Bernadette is jeopardized by his chauvinistic ways.
- As Himself:
- NPR host Ira Flatow, interviewing Sheldon in the beginning of the episode.
- Katee Sackhoff, appearing in one of Howard's sex fantasies.
- Continuity Nod: Sheldon mentions the monopole expedition he led during his radio interview.
- A Date with Rosie Palms: Howard intends to pleasure himself in the bath, imagining Battlestar Galactica (2003) actress Katee Sackhoff in the tub with him. Sackhoff asks him why he's doing this instead of being with Bernadette.
- Didn't Think This Through: Sheldon's prank on Kripke was clever, but he overlooked the possibility of an innocent bystander (e.g the president and the board of directors) getting caught in it, and didn't put in a means to stop the prank in such an eventuality.
Leonard: Abort! Abort!
Sheldon: There is no "Abort".
Raj: How could you not put in an "Abort"?!
Sheldon: I made a boo-boo, alright?!
- Et Tu, Brute?: Sheldon is shocked that Leonard and Raj actually laughed at his humiliation on the radio.
- From Bad to Worse: After Sheldon's prank on Kripke ends up getting the president and board of the university, Leonard and Raj comment that at least they don't know he did it...but then, a pre-recorded message of Sheldon gloating went off. Even worse, in it, he mentioned Leonard and Raj supporting his prank, getting them in the same boat with him.
- Grand Romantic Gesture: At the end of the episode, to make up for his attitude, Howard plays the drums for Bernadette at the Cheesecake Factory. Unfortunately, he turns out to be a Dreadful Musician. Surprisingly, while Penny feels sorry for her, Bernadette is touched.
- Helium Speech: Kripke afflicts this on Sheldon while he was on NPR by filling his office with helium.
- Instant Humiliation Just Add Youtube: To add to his vengeance, Sheldon had set up a program to record Kripke being caught in his prank followed by uploading it to Youtube. Unfortunately, the president and board ended up on the video clip.
- Orphaned Punchline: The episode opens with Howard on a date with Bernadette, finishing a joke.
Howard: Two years later, there's a knock on the door. The guy opens it, and there on the porch is the snail, who says, "What the heck was that all about?"
Bernadette: [giggles] I don't really get it.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Leonard's suggestion for Sheldon to think bigger than a whoppee cushion ends up having major repercussions.
- Whoopee Cushion: Sheldon originally wanted to do this to Kripke, but Leonard and Raj told him to think of something better. He ended up getting Leonard with one, though.
Sheldon: It may be low-tech, but I still maintain that the whoopee cushion has comic validity.