The Wattersons have to stop doing stupid things in order to prevent Anais from falling into a coma from facepalming too much.
- All Just a Dream: The whole episode turns out to be just a comatose dream after Anais facepalmed one time too many (when Gumball said that a week was nine days).
- A Child Shall Lead Them: Played for laughs, as Nicole makes a complaint about a teenage grocery store clerk to his supervisor, who turns out to be a preschooler who can't remember the whole alphabet. She tries to go further up the chain of command, and the ones there keep getting younger: the store manager is a baby, the CEO is a (talking) fetus, and his shareholders are implied to be a man's sperm.
- Cold Turkeys Are Everywhere: Anais is not supposed to be exposed to stupid stuff, but no matter where they go, someone is acting stupid.
- Construction Zone Calamity: In the episode's climax, Anais wanders into a construction site.
- Face Palm: Anais' condition comes from doing it constantly as a reaction to the others' stupidity.
- Funny X-Ray: Shows a palm-shaped dent on Anais' skull.
- While Nicole and Anais were out of the house, the rest of family had put lunch in the oven... upside-down. When Nicole calls them on it, Darwin explains that the pack said to put it in the oven at 180 degrees.
- When Nicole says she wanted the house "bleached clean" by the time she and Anais came back, Richard literally bleached the entire house white.
- Never My Fault: The grocery store clerk refuses to accept a coupon Nicole has because it's a minute past expiration even though he wasted Nicole's time doing a Piss-Take Rap, and refuses to admit that it's his fault.
- Piss-Take Rap: The "Dill Pickle Rap".
- Pretentious Latin Motto: The Watterson family crest reads "Familia Hic Insere Sententia", which, as Nicole points out, translates to "Insert Family Motto Here".
- Shrunken Organ: The doctor shows a chart to illustrate how Anais' brain will shrink if her face-palming goes unchecked. Each brain size is named after a Watterson, with Nicole as the biggest and Richard as the lowest (which is well below amoeba and Off the Chart altogether).
- Spot the Thread: Anais starts to realize that she's still in the hospital after she notices things like a bird chirping like a heart monitor or giant pills on a truck.
- Wrong Restaurant: Richard mistakes the parking lot attendant booth for a drive-thru and orders a burger, makes the attendant give him his mints then paper hankies which the milk guy throws at him. Then Principal Brown in the car behind makes the same mistake.