Nicole reconciles with her parents.
- Adult Fear: The daughter you put so much faith into to succeed at life and expected the world of has grown up to live barely above the poverty line supporting three children and married a man so lazy and stupid that it would break reality if he had a job.
- Bait-and-Switch Sentiment: When Nicole's parents walk out on her, Gumball sings a song telling all three to "give if you can't forgive", which coincides with (or possibly causes) them coming back together. When Anais congratulates Gumball, he explains the point of the song was reminding his grandparents they owed him Christmas presents.
- Continuity Nod: A flashback shows Yuki as Nicole's opponent in a karate match, as was shown to be a regular occurrence in "The Fury".
- Cutaway Gag: The majority of the episode is a series of cutaway flashbacks illustrating Nicole and her parents' attempt to play the Blame Game.
- Cycle of Revenge: Nicole and her parents' most recent history is a series of petty schemes to spite each other, and neither side can remember how it started.
- A Day in the Limelight: For Daniel and Mary.
- Dope Slap: After Gumball explains he sang his heartwarming song to try and get presents out of his grandparents, Darwin smacks his head into the window.
- Education Mama: Deconstructed. Nicole's parents wanted Nicole to be as successful as possible, but their expectations of her were so unrealistically high that she could never live up to them, causing her to grow up resentful of both of them.Mary: We gave you every possible chance to succeed!
Nicole: Yeah! All at the same time!
- Embarrassing First Name: Nicole reveals she's actually been on a Middle Name Basis with everyone, as her parents actually gave her the first name "Doctor".
- Everything Except Most Things: Nicole finds some incredibly cheap packaged meat from the 1960s, and concludes that life was nice back then, so long as you weren't a woman, minority, or afraid of nuclear war. Even then the family winces since things aren't that different from then.
- Extracurricular Enthusiast: Parodied; Nicole was enrolled in every extracurricular activity, but only because her parents made her, and she had to do them simultaneously. Though displaying incredibly ability at all of them, she inevitably failed after mistaking her drama club classmate for her karate match opponent.
- Flashback Twist: Daniel says a young Nicole was so violent she "landed a kid in the hospital". Cut to a flashback of Harold Wilson falling from the sky and landing in a hospital. Cut back to Daniel specifying that he was being literal. Then the same happens again immediately when he mention a teenage Nicole taking Richard on a joyride which "landed them in court".
- Insane Troll Logic: When Nicole needed a blood transfusion, her father gave her the wrong blood type on the grounds that she shouldn't settle for B- when she could have A+ blood.
- Literal Metaphor: Nicole says her job "pays peanuts", then opens her purse to show she isn't kidding.
- One Dialogue, Two Conversations: Nicole misunderstands Richard talking to a can of meat for him talking her into giving reconciliation with her parents a chance. Richard just goes with it when she thanks him.
- Serendipitous Survival: If Mary and Daniel hadn't hit the brakes on their car to turn around and come back to Nicole, they would have been hit by a truck.