Gumball and Darwin pit Nicole against Tobias's mom and Banana Joe's mom to determine who has the Worlds Greatest Mom.
- Absurdly Long Stairway: When Darwin and Gumball are hanging off a parking garage, Nicole has to go from the bottom up to the 32nd floor to reach then, then go down to the 16th when they drop partway down, even though the garage clearly has only eight floors in exterior shots.
- Artistic License Physics: Granted, since it's a cartoon Rule of Funny and Rule of Cool takes precedence, but this episode is rather notable for doing it multiple times in a minute:
- Nicole is able to stop and change directions on a dime while "flying" (essentially bungee jumping), which would be impossible even if one has a rocket propulsion system. Not only that, but the force acting upon her waist by the fire hose bungee cord would probably cause some organ damage.
- Nicole saves Gumball and Darwin by stopping them from hitting the ground with mere inches to spare. Gumball and Darwin would likely still be injured though since they're still colliding into something at great speed, even if said something (Nicole) is soft.
- Nicole again "flies" heroically into the air with a pulley system right before the episode ends and the fire hose reel plummets to the ground. Unless it's one of those large fire hoses attached to fire engines, which it wasn't, the fire hose should only weigh about 10 to 15 kilograms, which is nowhere near enough to be able to send Nicole careening into the air that quickly. Assuming it for some reason did weigh hundreds of kilograms though, the lamppost it was tied to should have come off its mount instead.
- Behind the Black: Mrs. Wilson lifts a cardboard cutout of a refrigerator, pretending it's a real one. This fools Darwin, Gumball, and Banana Joe, even though they were viewing it from the side while the front was only facing the audience.
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: Swallowing some of this is one of the tests. Mrs. Wilson cheats by switching it with ketchup. Mrs. Banana actually tastes some and her rear end immediately explodes, spilling the contents of her body over the floor.
- Cheaters Never Prosper: Tobias cheats by telling his mom she's being tested so she can fake the challenges, but they lose because they're found out.
- Coincidental Accidental Disguise: Nicole springs to action by getting out of a hair salon seat, leaving her with a towel hanging around her neck like a cape and a single curl on her head like Superman's hair, plus the sign on the window briefly looked like an "M" for "mom" on her chest from the outside. She still insists she's not a superhero though.
- Door Dumb: Mrs. Banana fails the "test of intelligence" by misunderstanding how a revolving door works, repeatedly trying to "open" it by rotating it instead of going in until she gets smashed inside of it.
- Epic Fail: Mrs. Banana tries to play the piano and it immediately collapses into a flaming wreck before she can play it.
- Implausible Deniability: After Gumball accuses Tobias of cheating by talking to his mom, she tries to say he hasn't.
- Insane Troll Logic: Gumball and Darwin are on a scaffold and read that it only supports one person. Gumball figures jumping up and down makes it like he's only half a person's weight, so if they both jump together it's like one person standing. The cable breaks, so they both agree that what they did wrong was not jumping at the same time.
- Literal Cliff Hanger: Darwin and Gumball get stuck hanging from a sign they altered to apologize to Nicole and she has to rescue them.
- Self-Serving Memory:Gumball: I told you we should have stayed in the car.
Darwin: Are you kidding me? That's what I said!
Gumball: I know man. Oh darn you past Gumball! (smacks own head) Why do I never listen?!
- Slippery Skid: One round of the contest is walking over a floor covered in cooking oil without falling over. Nicole flips over several times (her skirt conveniently flipping with her), but always lands with a handstand. Mrs. Wilson knows what's coming and uses her shopping basket to slide over it. Mrs. Banana immediately falls and shatters into pieces like glass.
- Variable Terminal Velocity: Nicole swings on a fire hose to catch Darwin and Gumball while they're falling, catching up despite coming down after they did.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: When the tests start going into triple digits, Darwin grows longer legs and struts around in heels. He thinks Gumball is going to mock him for it, but Gumball just shows him how to do it better.
- You Are Grounded: Nicole was not happy to find out all the trouble she had been going to was her sons' idea of a Mother's day gift.