Having escaped from the Separatist prison known as the Citadel, Even Piell, Captain Tarkin, and the team that rescued them must navigate the desolate landscape of the planet Lola Sayu in time to rendezvous with Master Plo Koon and leave the prison planet.
- Bloodless Carnage: An anooba wounds Even Piell with its fangs, but there isn't a single drop of blood on him.
- Bring News Back: With Tarkin and Piell openly out of the prison, the Jedi must protect their lives at all costs to make sure the two survive so that their crucial information makes it back to the Republic. Then, after Piell dies, Ahsoka takes on the information and becomes part of the mission's focus.
- Convection Schmonvection: Zig-zagged.
- Characters hang mere meters over the lava with no problem in one scene, yet the burial cloak for a Jedi burns before it even touches it. Animals die instantly, yet said Jedi's wrapped corpse somehow floats downstream and the worst that happens is it is still on fire.
- During the air evacuation from an island in the middle of a lava lake, Separatist crab droids can be seen crawling up from all sides of the island unharmed, implying that they were built with heat shields. This also lines up with lore of crab droids being designed to operate in nasty environments.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Ahsoka kills Sobeck this way to save Tarkin.
- No MacGuffin, No Winner: Osi Sobeck attempts to kill Tarkin at the end of the story so that if he can't have the Nexus Route coordinates, than neither can the Republic. Naturally, since he's around twenty years in the future, Tarkin makes it out of this one, and Sobeck doesn't.
- Not So Different: Captain Tarkin's actions in the Clone Wars remind Anakin of his own and the two relate to each other on the need for a separation of strategy and morality.
- Savage Wolves: The anoobas. Osi Sobeck, the warden of the prison, releases a whole pack of them to try to track the rescue party that broke Master Even Piell out. They prove to be rather formidable, and one of them even kills Master Piell while he was distracted by fighting droids.
- What Measure Is a Mook?: Clone troopers have died throughout the Citadel arc, but the Jedi and other clone troopers continue onwards. However, when Jedi Master Even Piell dies in this episode, the entire group pauses for a brief funeral.
- You Shall Not Pass!: The three battle droids R2-D2 reprogrammed stay behind to fight off the wave of Separatist droids while climb down a cliffside. The battle droids die almost immediately and don't slow any of the enemies down.