Enterprise encounters a downed ship—and a crew that's hiding a secret.
Tropes in this episode include:
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce: Whatever Trip tastes that makes Cajun food seem mild.
- Call-Forward: Trip asks Ezral what he'll do if Liana gets hurt: "Program a holographic doctor?" Now there's an idea...
- Cute Mute: Trip wonders if Liana is this, until she warns him about a live plasma feed.
- Due to the Dead: Travis is uncomfortable about scavenging a ship that could be a tomb for a dead crew.
- Fridge Logic: In-Universe — Archer and his crew note how odd it is that the stranded aliens haven't made any attempt to escape or call for help. They also determine that the hydroponics bay isn't enough to feed the entire crew.
- It's All My Fault: Ezral blames himself for the death of his crew, as he left his station to care for Liana.
- Never Live It Down: In-Universe — Trip's pregnancy (see above).
- No-Sell: As usual, phasers don't work against holograms.
- Oh, Crap!: Ezral, when his holographic crew disappears and he realizes the jig is up.
- Scary Flashlight Face: Trip briefly does this while trying to convince T'Pol that there's "nothing like a good scare."
- Title Drop:Ezral: I've never kept secrets from my daughter. She knows there's more to see beyond our little oasis. But she's never talked about leaving. Not once.
- Wham Shot: Our heroes open up an Escape Pod they recovered, and the corpse is someone that Trip just saw alive in the crashed ship.