Originally aired April 27, 2006
Written by Turi Meyer & Al Septien
Directed by Terrence O'Hara
Clark saves the life of Graham Garrett, a young man who vows to repay Clark for rescuing him. Problem is, Graham's idea of repaying Clark is to kill Lex. Clark finds out that Lex and Lana are dating.
Tropes present in the episode:
- Alliterative Name: Graham Garrett.
- Antagonist Title: The title is a reference to Chameleon's powers to "fade".
- Buried Alive: After Graham incapacitates Clark with a kryptonite, he buries him with it leaving him to die, but Chloe and Lois rescue him.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Clark once he catches Lana and Lex together
- Dating Catwoman: Graham takes an interest in Lois and they start going out. At the end of the episode she even has a conversation with Martha about her less than ideal sense of who to date.
- Fanservice: Lois doing sit-ups in a workout bra and shorts. Later she has a Shower Scene with plenty of Toplessness from the Back and Sexy Silhouette.
- Full-Frontal Assault: While Lois is showering she hears the invisible Graham sneak into her bathroom. Suspicious, she arms herself with a steel shower brush and leaves the shower to investigate her apartment in the buff... only to find a flabbergasted Clark right outside her bathroom.
- He Knows Too Much: Why Graham decides to kill Clark , Lex and Lana once they find out about his job and powers.
- Invisibility: Graham's power.
- I Owe You My Life: Graham is genuinely grateful that Clark saved his life and wants to repay him, but his methods are unwelcome.
- Murder the Hypotenuse: Graham decides this is the best way he can pay Clark back for saving his life earlier.
- Naked Freak-Out: When Lois is naked in front of Clark she stands still like a statue for a moment before closing the door at his face and covering herself with a towel
- Power Perversion Potential: Graham uses his powers to spy on Lois in the shower.
- Professional Killer: Graham as The Chameleon, a hitman who leaves no prints, clues, or surveillance footage, thanks to his powers.
- Psycho for Hire: Graham tells Clark using his powers to kill is a better rush than being a hero.
- Save the Villain:
- Though he's unaware of Graham's true colors at the time, Clark saves Graham from being hit by a car.
- Clark also saves Lex from being killed by Graham.
- Shoulders-Up Nudity: This and Toplessness from the Back is what you see of Lois when she walks out of the shower.
- Shower Scene: Lois has one before her date with Graham.
- Toplessness from the Back: This and Shoulders-Up Nudity is what you see of Lois when she walks out of the shower.
- Villain of the Week: Graham Garrett, as The Chameleon.
- Visible Invisibility: When Graham activates his powers, there's a visible distortion before it fades away.
- Workout Fanservice: Lois doing sit-ups when she first meets Graham.