While Jesse works to pay back his debt to Gran'ma, Tulip and Cassidy risk their safety as they formulate their own plans to get out of Angelville.
- Blatant Lies: Madame Boyd sees right through Tulip's fake story.
- Brick Joke: The annoying chicken is still around - well, until the end, when Cassidy eats it, that is.
- Did You Just Flip Off Cthulhu?: Tulip doesn't mince any words with God, even threatening him.
- Drives Like Crazy: Tulip in the opening scene.
- Fight Clubbing: Cassidy is forced to fight the pedophilic teacher after being outed as a vampire.
- Groin Attack: Tulip grabs T.C.'s penis with a miniature lizard to get him to tell him how to break Jesse's curse.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: During a flashback, a husband rips apart the bloody handkerchief which sealed the contract between his wife and Marie....and then his wife is ripped in half too.
- Heel Realization: Jesse finally admits that trying to play God was wrong to Cassidy.
- Hidden Depths: T.C. is good at stitching people up. And he is much more perceptive than he looks like.
- In Mysterious Ways: God tries to convince Tulip that everything that's gone wrong is All According to Plan, but she ain't buying it.
- Internal Reveal: Jody and T.C. learn that Cassidy is a vampire.
- Jump Scare: Marie's hand suddenly appearing under the sheet when Tulip is in her room.
- Leeroy Jenkins: Tulip storms into the Grail's (now abandoned) office with a drawn gun.
- Let Me Tell You a Story: T.C. tells Tulip a story about a couple trying to free themselves of a blood debt to Marie and how horribly it backfired as a warning not to try anything.
- Pet the Dog: T.C. doesn't give up Tulip's plan to Marie, he just warns her because he likes her.
- Silence, You Fool!: After Tulip talks back to him one too many times, God shouts at her to not push it and knocks her back with a miniature Bolt of Divine Retribution.