As Jesse helps reinvigorate business at Angelville, he tests Tulip and Cassidy's faith in him when Angelville brings out a darker side of him.
- Apologetic Attacker: Cassidy is not happy after bashing the pedophile teachers head in, frantically apologising to him.
- Body Horror: The Saint is whipped so badly by the Devil's assistant that his entire back is left open, with his ribcage visible!
- Break Her Heart to Save Her: The real reason behind Jesse rejecting Sabina Boyd in a pretty cruel manner was that he didn't want his grandma to find out about it and hurt her. He also attempts the same on Tulip, trying to drive her away.
- Faux Affably Evil: The Devil, as is befitting, talks pretty suave but it is clear that he really enjoys torturing people.
- Losing Your Head: Cassidy can still talk even when hacked into pieces.
- Nerves of Steel: Not once does Madame Boyd lose her cool during her dialogue with Tulip, even when the latter has a gun pointed at her.
- Once More, with Clarity!: When Madame Boyd tells the story, it seems like Jesse killed her brother with glee. Turns out it was self-defense and he was shocked after doing so.
- Pet the Dog: T.C. in the flashbacks. He knew Jesse went to see a girl, but didn't tell Marie about it.
- Skewed Priorities: When the shop clerk sees that one of the postboxes is ripped open and a huge, bloody trail leads from it? He complains about having told Jesse not to store liquids in it.
- Totally Radical: The Devil talks like this.
- Woman Scorned: Sabina Boyd is understandibly pissed at Jesse for rejecting her and killing her brother.
- You Killed My Father: Aside from rejecting her, Sabina Boyd also holds Jesse killing her brother Kenny against him. Turns out it was self-defense.