Kaz's old flame Cathy is back in town, and it turns out she's got a new boyfriend. As if that weren't enough to ruin his morning, he's also got to attend the funeral of his uncle Albert, who drowned mysteriously on a boating trip. Money is a little tight at the moment, so Agatha entrusts Kaz with the job of making sure Albert's house in the Hamptons is clean and ready for potential buyers to inspect. Kaz visits Lexy and Gottlieb at their newly opened Caprese Martini bar, and ends up inviting them to come with him to the Hamptons for the weekend. Charles is running low on power, but makes the trip with the three of them anyways.
Once at his uncle's house, Kaz finds the place is in worse shape than he remembers. There are holes in the walls and wild animals running loose, but at least the pool is sparkling clean thanks to Jeffrey, Kaz's loud, ATV riding cousin who specializes in aquatic magic... which he uses to clean pools. Lexy and Gottlieb take a dip and find themselves magically transformed into a hot girl and a panda, respectively. Kaz deduces that Jeffrey's pool-cleaning magic is responsible, but his cousin disappeared while trying to chase a raccoon off the property and is nowhere to be found to reverse the spell. Charles desperately searches for a mechabutler charger.
Kaz and the transformed Lexy & Gottlieb run into Arcangelo and his cronies while out shopping, only to find out that Freddie Miles is throwing another epic party and that Cathy will be there. Kaz, who is desperate to convince Cathy that he's moved on, begs Lexy to go to the party as his date — what could possibly go wrong?
Hamptons Water Magic Contains Examples of:
- Antagonistic Offspring: Jeffery's subplot revolves around him deliberately turning his father into a raccoon so that he could gain ownership of the house.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Lexy, once he's transformed into a girl. Both Arcangelo and Mitoko Goldberg want to get with "her," and even Cathy comments on how beautiful "she" is.
- Cliffhanger: Just as Kaz, Lexy, Gottlieb, Charles, and Sadie are settling in for their jitney trip back to Neo Yokio, they see an explosion in the distance, centered in downtown Neo Yokio.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Because they keep running into each other by happenstance, Cathy thinks Kaz is stalking her. She later goes on to describe him as a "Jealous Psychopath" — given that their last encounter in this episode involved him forcefully kissing Legend/Lexy as an obvious ploy to make her jealous, it's hard not to see where she got the idea.
- Different for Girls: Lexy gets stuck with a woman's body for the weekend. He's appalled at how everyone treats him while he looks like a girl, even when that person (Kaz) knows that he's Lexy.
- Elemental Powers: Jeffery can use water magic. His job is cleaning pools at various mansions in the Hamptons, but he also uses his powers to enchant the pool at his dad's house (which ends up transforming Lexy into a woman, Gottlieb into a panda, his hood friends into butterflies, and his father into a raccoon).
- Gainaxing: Averted admirably - in the first scene after Lexy get stuck in a woman's body he runs towards Kaz wearing nothing but a pair of boxers, but he keeps a firm hold on his newly enhanced chest to keep "the girls" from bouncing around too much. In every scene after that, his breasts are animated as static objects that hardly budge (clearly Kaz picked up a good bra for Lexy while out shopping for Alaïa dresses and Céline handbags).
- Gender Bender: Lexy gets stuck in the body of an attractive woman, although he makes a point of insisting that he's still a dude.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Mitoko Goldberg, "the hottest lesbian on long island" according to Lexy.
- Male Gaze: Explicitly named and commented on by Lexy when he's transformed into a very attractive woman, who is very much so not enjoying Arcangelo's attention.Lexy: I'm really not enjoying the male gaze right now.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman: Downplayed — although Lexy has to grab hold of his new breasts to keep everyone from seeing them when he first transforms, he's clearly not enjoying the experience.
- Mood Whiplash: Overlaps with the Cliffhanger ending. As Kaz, Lexy, Gottlieb, a powered-down Charles and an irate Sadie ride the jitney back to Neo Yokio, they all breathe a sigh of relief that their wacky weekend is over, with lessons learned and everything going back to normal — until their bus suddenly stops. A police cars whizzes past, sirens blaring, and smoke billows from the Neo Yokio skyline in the distance. A billboard on the side of the road suddenly flashes to read Terror Alert, and the episode ends.
- Mundane Utility: Jeffrey has magical powers possibly equaling Kaz's, but only so long as it relates to water. What does he do with this power? He cleans pools as a side gig.
- Never Found the Body: Kaz's uncle Albert supposedly died in a boating accident, but the body was never found and his family buried an empty casket. It turns out his son Jeffrey turned him into a raccoon to fake his death and gain ownership of the house, not realizing that the house belonged to the family trust.Aunt Agatha: Couldnt even find the body. Hes probably being dragged around the Atlantic in a tuna net, like a dolphin!
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech:
- Lexy delivers one to Kaz at Freddie Miles' party, after Kaz had forced him into a kiss in front of Cathy. He rips into Kaz for treating him like an accessory now that he's stuck in a hot female body.Lexy: I may have this hot female body right now, but I do not identify as female. Even if I did, you still can't kiss me to make your ex jealous!... I'm seeing a side of you I don't really like, Kaz. I think Cathy's right — you don't know how to treat women.
- Sadie delivers one to Kaz after Charles' battery dies and the mechabutler shuts down entirely.
- Lexy delivers one to Kaz at Freddie Miles' party, after Kaz had forced him into a kiss in front of Cathy. He rips into Kaz for treating him like an accessory now that he's stuck in a hot female body.
- Running Gag:
- Lexy and Gottlieb have opened a bar, "Caprese Boy," with the profits from their patented Caprese Martini.
- Freddie Miles throws another epic party.
- Scare Chord: The moment Sadie emerges from the cockpit of Charles.
- Title Drop: Kaz delivers the title again:Kaz: Stupid cousin Jeffrey must have done some of his Hamptons water magic to the pool.
- Token Mini-Moe: Sadie, the secret pilot of Charles the mecha-butler. Despite the fact she is actually an old woman voiced by a man with a heavy cockney accent, she has the stereotypical stature, mannerisms, and sexualization of the modern loli.
- Upper-Class Twit: Kaz's cousin Jeffery somehow manages to pull this off despite dressing and acting like a Lower-Class Lout.
- Whole Plot Reference: Falling into a magic pool and turning into a hot girl and a panda? It's Ranma ½.