It's Grad Prix season in Neo Yokio, but the most highly anticipated sporting event of the year is taking place in the shadow of the recent Bachelor Board bombing. Kaz finds that keeping the Soviet Union's Grand Prix driver out of trouble is surprisingly difficult; Arcangelo makes a peace offering.
The Russians? Exactly, the Soviets Contains Examples of:
- Enemy Mine: Arcangelo, in the face of the Bachelor Board's destruction, immediately calls off the feud to become Kaz's "homie" and is outrageously friendly and sincerely supportive of Kaz.
- Good Is Not Nice: The Remembrancer. The one-man investigatory team and Neo Yokio's secret police. He may be trying to stop a terrorist, but he his methods are aggressive, he's willing to ignore concepts like "warrants" and "diplomatic immunity" if no one calls him out on it, and he's a downright a creepy bastard. He is also voiced by Steve Buscemi. He fits this trope like a powdered wig.
- Judicial Wig: The Remembrancer wears the traditional white wig and black robes of a judge.
- Rivals Team Up: After Helena blows up the Bachelor Leader Board Arcangelo offers a peace treaty to Kaz.
- Title Drop:Aunt Agatha: This extends well beyond our typical clientele. You'll be working directly for the Soviets.Kaz: The Russians?Aunt Agatha: Exactly, the Soviets.
- Vodka Drunkenski: Mila Malevich had no qualms about going on a pub crawl the night before an important race. This was most likely a ploy to get Kaz wasted so she could escape and defect to the U.S.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Helena St. Tesoro blew up the Bachelor Ranking Board in the center of Neo Yokio. She saw the board as part of Neo Yokio's culture of greed and subjugation of the working class.
- Western Terrorists: Helena St. Tesoro, now that she's blown up the Bachelor Board. She's wanted by the authorities.