Airdate: Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Senders:Homestar Runner: Gordon Tiecollarondemous
Strong Bad: Kelly, USA
Homestar is in the middle of answering a HREmail from "Gordon Tiecollarondemous", when Strong Bad announces he's had enough and applies several gardening tools (borrowed from Marzipan) to Homestar's face before reclaiming his e-mail throne. Strong Bad announces he needs some fresh blood for his "triumphant return to checking e-mails", but quickly realizes that checking e-mails on a steak sandwich isn't going to work.
Lappy: Another week with you, Strong Bad, is like 8 dog-weeks in cat-years.
Strong Bad: Um, are you sure you're not Senor Cardgage's computer?
Senor Cardgage: No, this steak samwich is Beverly clearly my complooter, Bathsheba.
After a brief interlude that weirds out even Strong Bad, SB brings up his inbox expecting "a half-zillion messages"... but only getting "a half-four messages": one from Homestar saying "Thanks for lending me your rake" and one from "Kelly, USA" ("Mmm, an exotic lady from the far east!") asking about the coolest explosion he's ever seen.
Strong Bad brings up the examples of "the coolest-looking explosion I ever rigged up in Strong Sad's org-ethnic breakfast pouch on a Tuesday", and "the coolest explosion I ever saw that had one of those blast-wavy Saturn rings around it that've become so popular lately". In the latter case, he adds that "the more spit it takes to describe an explosion, the cooler said explosion was, and the cooler said explosion-talker-abouter is!" He concludes by saying that the coolest explosions come from his crappy old computers, which leads to a montage of computer explosions from previous e-mails and a startling realization from the Lappy.
Strong Bad: I'm afraid so, sweet Lappy. I figured that USB self-destruct button I bought a couple weeks ago woulda clued you in, but it's time. Why wait around for someone else to blow up your computer tomorrow when you can blow it up yourself today?
Lappy: You should put that on your bwees-ness cards.
With a click and a "Dooj", the Lappy goes up in a spectacular explosion with not one, but two blast wavy-Saturn rings, much to the amazement of Bubs and Coach Z ("I can't wait till Strong Bad tells me 'bout that one! I'm'a go ahead and strip down to da nude!")
- Bad "Bad Acting": Strong Bad playing innocent during the flashback to "the coolest-looking explosion [he] ever rigged up in Strong Sad's org-ethnic breakfast pouch on a Tuesday."Strong Bad: [scooping a spoon into an empty bowl] Mmm, this cereal is sooooo cereal-y.
- Bastard Girlfriend: Marzipan is the one happily handing Strong Bad garden tools to smack Homestar with.
- Big Red Button: Strong Bad blows up the Lappy with a "USB self-destruct button".
- Brick Joke: At the end of the episode, Coach Z tells Bubs that he can't wait to hear Strong Bad's story, expecting to have a nice shower.
- Calling Your Attacks: Played with, Homestar calls out the name of the garden tools Strong Bad uses to whack him upside the head. "Rake! Shovel!"
- Censor Box: One of these covers Homestar's face after he gets whacked with a Garden Weasel. You can still see some bruising and a bit of blood.
- Continuity Nod:
- The montage of computer explosions features the original demises of the Tandy and the Compy, as well as a more explode-y version of Strong Bad knocking away the Tandy in "invisibility" and both computers' final "deaths" from "retirement".
- Coach Z and Bubs are shown watching the Lappy explode while lounging in lawn chairs, like they did while waiting for the fireworks show in "Happy Fireworks".
- Doomed New Clothes: Strong Sad just happens to be planning to "stand around in this tuxedo" right before his saag paneer Pop-Tart explodes.
- Everyone Has Standards: After being generally okay with his antics for the past few years, seeing Senor Cardgage walking in place while traffic noises are heard from nowhere is what finally gets Strong Bad to be creeped out by him.
- Everything Makes a Mushroom: The explosion of the Lappy generates not only a pair of Planar Shockwaves, but a mushroom cloud.
- Grand Finale: For the Lappy Era.
- Incredibly Obvious Bomb: The bomb attached to Strong Sad's "org-ethnic breakfast pouch" has a big, red, flashing light and beeps loudly.
- Mind Screw: The sight of Senor Cardgage walking in place while traffic noises are heard from nowhere rather creeps out Strong Bad.Strong Bad: (frightened) I'm quite scared right now.
- Mixed Metaphor: The Lappy remarks "Another week with you, Strong Bad, is like 8 dog-weeks in cat-years."
- Orphaned Punchline: The cartoon opens with Homestar wearily telling the viewers "And that, Gordon Tiecollarondemous, is why I decided to keep calling you Gordon Tiecollarondemous..."
- Overly Narrow Superlative: Strong Bad claims to have seen so many cool explosions, he's going to need Kelly to be more specific, like "the coolest-looking explosion I ever rigged up in Strong Sad's org-ethnic breakfast pouch on a Tuesday".
- Planar Shockwave: Strong Bad has an entire category of "coolest explosions I ever saw that had one of those blast-wavy Saturn rings around it that've become so popular lately". He later generates such an explosion (with two Planar Shockwaves) by blowing up the Lappy.
- Shout-Out: Near the end, Homestar tries to interrupt Strong Bad by telling him "Don't call it a comeback!"
- Stuff Blowing Up: Among other things, Strong Bad's Lappy.
- Violence Discretion Shot: Homestar getting hit in the face with a Garden Weasel happens off-screen, and his face is censored afterwards.