Airdate: October 30, 2006
The Happy Tree Friends struggle to stop a massive fire, but they only make things worse.
"Who's to Flame?" contain examples of:
- Advertised Extra: Mime, the starring character, only shows up in the beginning and end.
- Awesome, but Impractical: The "eject" button on the helicopter shoots you out of the helicopter to safety. Too bad you'll get sliced up by the blades on top of the helicopter.
- Brick Joke: The fire is caused by a frying pan in the beginning, then in the very last scene after the entire town is blown up we see the same frying pan still intact.
- Downer Ending: Everyone fails on stopping the fire while the Mole accidentally causes a massive explosion destroying the whole town and killing everyone except Mime.
- Everything Explodes Ending: The fire is finally "stopped" when the Mole accidentally causes a massive gas leak which completely destroys the entire town.
- Hope Spot: Handy putting out a fire for one of the buildings with a helicopter.
- House Fire: At first.
- Idiot Plot: The entire plot could have been avoided if Petunia paid attention to her tail.
- Irony: Lumpy, who is a firefighter this episode, is playing with fire.
- Man on Fire: Giggles, Petunia, Sniffles, and Pop all burn to death.
- New Job as the Plot Demands: Lumpy, Cuddles, Sniffles, Toothy, Disco Bear, and The Mole are all firefighters for this episode.
- Out of Focus: Mime being the starrring character for this episode, only appears in the beginning and end.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: The inspiration for this episode came from a traumatic incident from when Ken Pontac (writer) was a toddler. He saw his mother catch on fire while making breakfast because she was talking to his grandmother on the phone and didn't notice that she was next to the stove.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Mime does this in the final scene.
- Sole Survivor / Throw the Dog a Bone: Mime is the only character to survive this episode.
- They Killed Kenny Again: Cuddles, Petunia, Giggles, Sniffles, Cub, Pop, Flaky, Lifty, Shifty, Russell, Handy, The Mole, Disco Bear, Nutty, Toothy, and Lumpy die in this episode.
- It's also worth noting that this episode has 3rd highest amount of deaths (Tied with "Aw Shucks!") in an episode. (Beaten by "Class Act" and "Wrath of Con")
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Mime disappears for most of the episode. Subverted He comes back in the end.