Fanboy, Chum Chum, and Kyle are going camping and mountain climbing—but to Kyle's surprise, the mountain in question is the Frosty Mart. Once Kyle is forced to go through with it anyway, Fanboy and Chum Chum join him at the top and take in the environment. For lunch Fanboy calls over "wild burritos" while Kyle goes off to lower himself to the ground. But while testing a knot Kyle loses the team's only rope. Fanboy sets out and enlists Yo in fetching help (forgetting the fact he's simply right above the ground where he can jump to safety), and shortly Oz arrives with a cup-and-string telephone. He instructs the boys in building a rescue sled, which turns out to be a display cabinet since Oz had brought the wrong blueprints. Oz gives up on them, and Kyle yells at him. Oz gets embarrassed and disconnects the phone.
Later Fanboy, Chum Chum, and Kyle are freezing and believe the end is near. Fanboy and Chum Chum revisit the memory of how the two of them met as younger children—Fanboy had greeted Chum Chum and Chum Chum had poked Fanboy in the eye. This reminds Chum Chum of Fanboy's glass eye, which he can then use to magnify the sunlight and cut down an antenna on the roof—which succeeds even though, as Kyle pointed out, the sun was not even out. The fallen antenna is then used as a slide to bring the boys down to safety.
- Anthropomorphic Food: The "pack of wild burritos", for Rule of Funny.
- Aside Comment:Kyle: [As Fanboy is going to use his glass eye to melt a pole on the roof] Great idea...except you need the sun for that, you idiot!![The glass eye fires a heat ray at the pole, bending it over]Kyle ...Or, maybe you don't.
- Bottle Episode: The whole episode takes place at the Frosty Mart, and is almost entirely outside.
- Buffy Speak:Fanboy: Oh, I long to gaze upon that majestic mountain peak as it beckons like some kind of pointy super hill...thing.Chum Chum: (to the viewers) Nature brings out his inner poet.
- Comically Missing the Point: "Poor dumb kid...he doesn't even realize the danger we're in!"
- Kyle says they "danced with death" and will carry "a mental picture" of it forever, and as he leaves, Chum Chum believes he was talking about pictures being taken.
- The entire scene where the boys see the roof on the street. Kyle lampshades it.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: The boys are freezing badly and are sad it's where it all ends, viewers see this as freezing to death, or Hypothermia.
- Forgot About His Powers: Kyle can still use magic, even without his wand. He oddly makes no effort to magically teleport them all home.
- Girls Have Cooties: When Yo offers Fanboy her drink, he refuses and claims this.
- Glass Eye: Fanboy is revealed to have this.
- Hard-Work Montage: The gang have one when building the display case Oz requested.
- Horrible Camping Trip
- Mood Whiplash: One of these occur when the boys believe they'll be stuck on the rooftop forever.
- Mundane Made Awesome: They go camping on the roof of the Frosty Mart, which transforms into a cold wilderness like Mt. Everest.
- Never Say "Die": Fanboy and Chum Chum worry if this is "the end" while freezing in the cold.
- Nice Hat: The three boys each wear different winter hats for the majority of the episode.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!:
- Fanboy manages to stop sliding down the icicle...which stops just above the street below. Rather than jump off it to safety, he asks Yo to simply push him back up.
- For Kyle, he is about to use the rope to get back down, when he accidentally drops it all the way to the ground, kicking off the plot of the episode.
- Record Needle Scratch: When Kyle realizes where the boys are camping is the roof of the Frosty Mart.
- The Reveal: Fanboy has a glass eye.
- Shout-Out: The title is a pun on the series Man vs. Wild.
- Versus Title: The title refers to the three boys trying to survive while trapped on the roof.
- Where It All Began: A short flashback shows how Fanboy and Chum Chum first met.