"Oh, Nathaniel, It's On!" is the tenth episode of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend's third season. It aired on January 26, 2018.
Rebecca navigates major changes in her professional life and Heather gets a new opportunity.
"He's the New Guy" (sung by: Rachel Bloom)
- Call-Back: A reprise of "Who's the New Guy" from "When Do I Get to Spend Time with Josh?".
- Continuity Nod: Rebecca mentions Nathaniel pooping his pants, which happened in "Is Josh Free in Two Weeks?'"
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Like the original song, the lyrics are completely meta (this time about Rebecca and Nathaniel's relationship), although it's Rebecca, so it derails towards the end.Why else do you think that
I'm singing this reprise?
And by singing this reprise it means
Whatever, just don't think about it!
- Take That!: Rebecca takes the fact that Nathaniel's favorite show is Wings as a strike against him.
"Horny Angry Tango" (sung by: Rachel Bloom, Scott Michael Foster)
- Affectionate Parody: Of sensual tango numbers about intercourse and less-than-ideal relationships. See also: "The Masochism Tango", by Tom Lehrer.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: The song is all about how Nathaniel and Rebecca are angry at each other, but would still really like to have sex.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: Nathaniel can't slap Rebecca back because she's a woman, which she points out is a double standard. They admit that it's probably for the best.
- The Masochism Tango: Rebecca and Nathaniel's animosity-filled post-breakup relationship is parodied in this number. Bonus points for being an actual tango.Nathaniel: I want to tear you limb from limb!
Rebecca: And put your limbs all over my limbs!
- Mating Dance: Parodied. Rebecca and Nathaniel really want to bang each other while dancing the tango, but the choreography makes fun of it more than not.Rebecca: This would be better on the floor!
Rebecca and Nathaniel: This is our horizontal tango!
- Something About a Rose: Parodied. Nathaniel has a rose in his mouth at one point.Nathaniel: Ow, thorns!
- An instrumental version of "We Should Definitely Not Have Sex Right Now" is heard when Nathaniel confronts Rebecca.
- An instrumental techno remix of "Research Me Obsessively" plays as Rebecca researches Mona and falls into the dark web.
- The Cameo: BJ Novak and Dr. Phil, who had separate cameos in season one, appear while Rebecca is trying to scrounge up funds.
- Jerkass Has a Point: As Rebecca points out, she might have spurred Nathaniel's suing out of a desire to get back at him, but she was also standing up for her former co-workers.
- I'll Be in My Bunk: Rebecca is so incensed by the combination of her hormones and Nathaniel's arrival that when he leaves, she announces to an empty house not to disturb her room for the next 8-10 minutes.
- Kick the Dog: Darryl's ex-wife only agrees to cooperate with Rebecca's case in return for Rebecca's help in suing the baby next door for disturbing her by crying all the time. Not the parents, mind you - she specifically wants to sue the baby. Rebecca notes that Darryl's ex-wife isn't a very good person.
- Loophole Abuse: Rebecca tries to invoke this on Nathaniel to get her job back, arguing that she technically never quit it in the first place - her mom resigned on her behalf, which she didn't have a legal right to do. Nathaniel concedes that that's true - and then tells Rebecca that in that case, she's fired.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: In the previous episode, Rebecca decided to give an egg to Darryl. Unfortunately, she has to take hormones as part of the process which make her go crazy again.
- On the Money: Rebecca manages to revert Nathaniel's shares to Darryl's ex-wife, but none of the staff can afford to buy them from her. Luckily, one of the men in her group therapy session has made plenty of money in Bitcoin and offers to buy the shares as a silent partner, because he admires Rebecca's willpower (and needs a tax break).
- Portmanteau Couple Name: Invoked. Heather and Hector's is "Heactor."Heather: Our names go really well together. Our couple name is 'Heactor'. It's like Hector, but with an extra 'a'.
- Psycho Ex-Girlfriend: Rebecca starts to cross this line again as a result of her hormones; she overreacts to Nathaniel's rebound girl and nearly orders a hit online for her, but she rescinds by the end of the episode once she's off the hormone treatment.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: Rebecca pulls her heirloom ring out of her bosom.
- Working with the Ex: Defied; Rebecca thinks Nathaniel will be fine with re-hiring her, but he isn't and fires her. By the end of the episode, they manage to be amicable co-workers for two weeks before going back at it.