This can be a form of Getting Crap Past the Radar, assuming even the implication isn't too much for the censors.
Compare Get a Room!.
- Buso Renkin: During the Buso Renkin Seminar omake at the end of the anime's 5th episode, Mahiro begins talking about what she wants to do with Tokiko if she becomes her big sister via marrying Kazuki, getting increasingly excited before realising that she is letting her imagination run away with itself and says she will continue when she gets back to her dorm later on.
- In Thousand Shinji, when Rei tells how Asuka dragged her into the shower to wash her body personally, Shinji and Touji excused to the bathroom for a few minutes.
Asuka had more or less dragged her into the shower before coming shopping, something that had soured her mood somewhat. Especially the enforced use of soap.
Of course, when she had told that last fact to everyone, Shinji and Toji had both excused themselves to the bathroom for a few minutes before returning with small bits of bloody toilet paper stuffed up their nostrils. Rei did not quite understand what that had been about, but the other two females in their group had just rolled their eyes while Kaji just snickered a little.
- In the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf story "The Other Smurfette", Handy, Carpenter, and Mason get turned on by Hogatha appearing before them as a beautiful female Smurf named Wonderette. In fact, they're so turned on by her that Handy says, "If anyone needs me, I'm going to be in the Imaginarium," and afterward Carpenter and Mason both say, "We're smurfing turns after him!"
- In the Hero: The Guardian Smurf mini-story "Smurfette's Artistry", Smurfette after spending time doing a nude painting of Hero (who at the time was married to Wonder) decides to spend some time alone with her new painting in her bedroom, alluding to enjoying herself privately.
- In A Deeper Blue by John Ringo, Katya was infiltrating a drug runner's boat by playing an airhead beach bunny dressed in a tiny bikini. Greznya (also dressed in a tiny bikini, this is a John Ringo book) was visiting the boat and passed along a message capsule through a bottle of vodka. To cover it, two of the girls got into a cat fight. The bad guy who had video surveillance of the entire boat told his boss "I'm sure they didn't pass anything to each other. I ran that clip a dozen times. Maybe more. Zoomed all over it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to my quarters..."
- In Nemesis of the Horus Heresy, an Eversor Assassin reacts this way when he is first shown the crate of weapons the team will be using on their mission.
- Running With Lions - After seeing his Love Interest Emir nearly naked, Sebastian really hopes his bunk mate Willie is at a long breakfast because Sebastian needed some "alone time."
- Trope Namer: In the Firefly episode "War Stories," Jayne's response to the discovery that Inara is going to be servicing a female counselor on board her shuttle is "I'll be in my bunk."
[an emergency occurs right after that]
Zoe: Jayne! Grab your weapon!
Jayne: I was gonna!
Wash : (getting up and grabbing Zoe by the arm) Well be in our bunk.
- Wash gives it a Call-Back in the episodes last scene, when Mal and Zoe tease him about needing to get it on and start to kiss.
- The line is repeated by Casey, also played by Adam Baldwin, in the Chuck episode "Chuck Versus The Broken Heart" when he sees his Distaff Counterpart do a sexy gun cleaning.
- Rachael and Monica lose their apartment in a bet with Chandler and Joey, but finally get it back when they agree to kiss for a minute. The two guys then go into their rooms as soon as that is over.
- The trope also manifests in an episode where Chandler asks Monica and Rachel for sexual advice. Monica's advice becomes ... rather enthusiastic. When Monica finishes, totally orgasmic just from her description, she races off to her bedroom, Rachel races off to her own bedroom and Chandler races off to the bathroom.
- A notable example in Seinfeld ("The Contest", about the four main characters wagering on who can go the longest without masturbating). Kramer loses his willpower almost instantly, just from catching a glimpse of Jerry's nude neighbor, and while he doesn't say much before he excuses himself from the room, he's back very quickly with his forfeit and the declaration "I'm out!"
- In an episode of How I Met Your Mother, Marshall imagines going back in time to stop his 13-year-old self from smoking his first cigarette by giving him a picture of Lily, to which Young Marshall comments, "Wow, she's hot." Marshall tells his younger self that he will marry her in the future. Surprised and excited, Young Marshall runs off, saying "I'll be in my tent."
- In the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "The Perfect Mate", Riker says something close to the trope name after being kissed by the empathic metamorph:
Riker: Riker to bridge. If you need me, I'll be in holodeck four.
- In an episode of Spin City, after Michael and Caitlin get hot and heavy (apparently, office small talk turns her on) only for her to leave in the middle of it, Michael sits down, sighs, looks at his hand and asks "So, how was your day?"
- In the The Big Bang Theory episode The Werewolf Transformation, Amy starts fantasizing about Sheldon growing his hair out and riding horseback "bare-back and bare-chested". She runs to her bathroom to brush her teeth.
Amy: I need to go brush my teeth. It might take a while.
- In the 1970s TV Series Hot L Baltimore, a character who is implied to be gay by his "swish" demeanor and stereotypical gay mannerisms, mentions in one episode where he is "going into the toilet and meditate."
- In Two and a Half Men, when Herb is talking with Charlie about rumors of Alan's girlfriend Lindsey doing softcore porn, he excuses himself by going off to "take a shower". Later in the episode, he calls Charlie to inform him that he actually found said porn on Cinemax. Charlie ends the phone call by saying, "Okay Herb enjoy your shower".
- Implied in the Mystery Science Theater 3000 short Mr. B Natural when socially awkward kid Buzz comes home and tells his mother he's going upstairs to read.
Mom: Umm, Buzz, this time don't make so much noise when you read.
- When Saturday Night Live did a Harry Potter parody with Lindsay Lohan as the All Grown Up Hermione, Hagrid mentioned having to "tame a dragon", while the twins had to "beat a couple of bludgers." Snape avoided any euphemism and just took points away from Gryffindor.
- Doctor Who: David Tennant claimed in the Easter Egg commentary for "The Five Doctors" that after watching Peri's bikini scene in "Planet of Fire" as a teenager he had to "spend some time in [his] bedroom".
- Reign: The infamous (and edited-down-by-the-network) sequence in the first episode in which Kenna finds a quiet spot to "relieve tension" after viewing two people making love is presented in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner as she races through the palace with a knowing look on her face until she finally finds a place.
- Supernatural: Dean's fondness for Filth is a Running Gag on the show, and when he finds a vintage edition of Busty Asian Beauties in the Men of Letters bunker, his brother gives him an extra ten minutes before they leave for a case.
- Dykes to Watch Out For: After being turned down for sex by her husband Stuart (due to baby-related exhaustion), Sparrow gets up. When asked where she's going, she says, with full quote marks, "To 'take a shower'".
- In Dragon Age: Origins, the Warden may ask Oghren how he feels about his wife cheating on him with another woman. The description of what he "can't help but" imagine them doing together ends with him telling the Warden that he needs a few minutes in his tent before they continue.
- In Mass Effect, Ashley nearly uses this line verbatim if Shepard turns her down at Ilos.
- Kingdom of Loathing's description for the "Dirty Pear" effect:
Of all the suggestive fruits, none is more so than the pear. I mean, just... look at it. The top part, the... bottom part, the... I need a minute alone.
- Blatant in Captain SNES: The Game Masta: Alex, in a side story, is told Marle and other characters are kidnapped, and she tells him she will do anything if he rescues them. He runs into the bathroom, thinking about the things she would do with him.
- Grrl Power: Invoked word for word in the margin sketch on this page, by Harem predictably enough, after Sydney promises to introduce Arianna to Hentai.
- The page pic is from Ménage à 3, strip #319 (June 25, 2010, possibly marginally NSFW), when Gary and Zii see DiDi singing a French love song in a shirt that's too small for her.
- In Pixie Trix Comix, Yaoi fan Ramona reacts to the idea of Julian and Aaron "bro'in out" by heading off to the restroom.
- Sunstone's Alan will sometimes have to head to the bathroom for some "alone time" when the sexual shenanigans of the main female cast get to be too much for him.
- Used in Vision of Escaflowne Abridged when Folken is discussing the Incestuous Bisexual Ninja Catgirls, and noting what fetish material they were.
Allen: Question, did they ever dress up in little maid outfits?
Folken: Once, For my birthday.
Allen: I'll be in my chambers, no visitors.
- The Quest For Geekdom: After Arthur has seen so many good looking men in his Top 12 Animated Hunks video, he needs to...take care of something.
- Spoken exactly by Nella in The Nostalgia Chick review of Kate & Leopold.
- In the "Ninja Turtles" episode of After Hours, Michael feels the need to drop everything and run to Blockbuster once somebody clues him in about "pseudo-porn for women" (also known as Sex and the City).
- The Spoony Experiment: The Spoony One directly quotes this during his Final Fantasy VIII review, right after seeing Quistis.
- Whateley Universe: One more than one occasion, Phase has pulled a Discretion Shot about this, stating outright that it was none of the readers' business what he was doing when he was alone in his bedroom. This is hardly surprising, give that, since he looks mostly female, he is expected to share the bathroom and showers with the freshmen girls in Poe Cottage - several of whom are supernaturally attractive.
- In Farce of the Three Kingdoms, Zhuge Liang has this reaction to Jiang Wei attempting to set him on fire.
- After Molotov Cocktease lives up to her name in The Venture Bros., Brock— with a very visible erection— leaves the room to "take care of something".
- In Family Guy, Brian invokes this trope not because he finds something arousing, but from sexual frustration after he's in a Sexless Marriage with Lois for a year, and Peter shows up the very day that Lois was going to consummate.
Lois: I tell ya, Brian, it's a good thing Peter came back when he did. I was ready to push the beds together tonight and take you for a ride around the friggin' WORLD!!
Brian: ...I'll be in the basement.
Peter: Doing what?
Brian: What do you think?!
- Another example is fake trailer for a movie called "Masturbator And Commander" (a play on Master and Commander) where the commander will be "out in a minute" during a battle.
- In a Robot Chicken sketch parodying Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers has the main male cast react this way to Gadget deciding to go half-naked.
Dale: I have to go to the bathroom!
Monterrey Jack: I'm gonna take a quick shower!
Chip: I'll be in my room with the door locked!
- In the "Midnight Stranger" episode of Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness, Tigress falls for Po's superhero alter-ego and says she "needs to work out" when she catches herself rambling lustfully about him.