Krieger works to finish a top-secret project, and Archer brings a mysterious former KGB agent named Katya Kasanova home to meet Malory, unaware that Barry Dillon is on his way to kill him.
This episode provides examples of:
- Anti-Climax: The gang gear up for a big, action filled showdown...which lasts all of 6 seconds, cause no one brought any extra ammo.
- A-Team Firing: Considering that they're all inside Archer's (admittedly spacious, but still) apartment, you'd think that with Lana's Dual Wielding TEC-9s, Ray Dual Wielding his .45s, and Malory with her scoped Hand Cannon on one side and Archer and Katya each Dual Wielding pistols on the other, someone would have managed to hit something besides the walls.
- Blasting It Out of Their Hands: Katya manages to shoot Lana's machine pistols out of her hands. Lana is pissed that her guns are damaged in the process.
- Car Cushion: When Katya drags Barry off the roof, they land on Krieger's van. Barry, being a cyborg, survives. Katya and the van do not.
- Emergency Transformation: Barry is turned into a cyborg by the KGB, having lost a leg and sustained other severe injuries in the fall from the previous episode. They intend for him to take out Katya. He promptly goes rogue, intending to kill Archer, but she dies in the process.
- FaceHeel Turn: Barry goes from agent of a rival organization to full-on murderous cyborg.
- HeelFace Mole: Subverted, the KGB fakes Katya's file to make it look like she's The Mole rather than a defector. The ISIS crew nearly falls for it.
- High-HeelFace Turn: Katya.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Well, as Barry sees it, him wrecking Archer's wedding and throwing Archer off the roof is the perfect payback for what Archer did to him.
- The Only One Allowed to Defeat You: Malory claims that if there's anyone who's going to ruin Archer's wedding, it's going to be her.
- Senseless Sacrifice: Katya uses a wedding veil to drag Barry off the terrace of Archer's apartment. She dies on impact. Barry doesn't even seem bothered by it.
- She Knows Too Much: Katya walked in on at least three senior Party members getting it on with each other. Her defection thus poses a large problem for the KGB.
- Shooting Superman: Granted it was only one round, because that's all anyone had left, but Mallory putting a .44 round in Barry's back didn't even faze him.