Archer's search for his father's identity takes him to Russia where he is held prisoner by KGB head Nikolai Jakov.
This episode provides examples of:
- Agony of the Feet: Taken to an extreme. While fleeing the KGB in Russia, Archer loses his shoes and has to go barefoot, and ends up stepping in broken glass. Then he gets new shoes, loses them again, and steps in more broken glass. He spends the whole chase screaming in pain with every step.
- Call-Back: A ton.
- Barry still remembers when Archer dropped him from a balcony, and sodomized his ex-fiance.
- Lana is reminded of her previous sexual encounter with Barry, as well as almost having sex with him just to get Malory's job.
- Archer is treated with the same electrical interrogation he trained for (or barely as he put it).
- Did Not Think This Through: Malory was almost about to send Lana to go rescue Archer, until she's reminded by her that going undercover as "Russia's only black woman" isn't the best idea.
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: The KGB are terrible shots, much to the annoyance of their commanding officer. In fact, he shoots a door knob just to prove a point.
- One-Man Army: Even with no weapons and open cuts on his feet, Archer still proves he's the most dangerous spy by taking out several KGB soldiers before being cornered.
- Reality Ensues: Archer punching out Ray results in the latter being knocked out for a very long time, and with a broken bone. Plus, he has doctors' notes that prohibit him from rescuing Archer.
- Barry already had a fractured femur, so a second fall from a high point results in him losing the leg.
- Take That!: This episode does not show Russia in a good light. The KGB can't hit their target, the residential homes look terrible, everyone's clothes look poor, kids play with glass, and there's glass everywhere on the ground.Archer: (Attempts to shoot, but gun jams) Piece of- How are you a superpower?!