When Lemongrab begins spying on the candy people in their sleep, Bubblegum tries to assuage the Earl's longing for companionship.
- Aura Vision: The episode opens with Princess Bubblegum demonstrating a machine that can view peoples' mystic auras.
- Bad is Good and Good is Bad:Lemongrab: Yes! Yes, indeed! A-ha-ha! A lemon gives by taking...Lemongrab II: ...and cares by YELLING!
- Big Brother Is Watching: This episode casually reveals that PB has security cameras in all the Candy Peoples' homes.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Lemongrab's lemon heart perceives the world very differently, he doesn't understand how to stroke or ask nicely.
- Electric Torture: Lemongrab's "reconditioning chamber".
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: Why the Pup Gang agree to go live with Lemongrab.Ganger: We want the big cash money-wad! Enough to provide for our delinquent mothers, so that hopefully they will show us the love we have longed for in our sad young lives.
- Gang Bangers: The Pup Gang fulfill all the stereotypes.
- Gilligan Cut:Banana Guard: This is our weird secret, okay? Remember that! [[Cut to Princess Bubblegum and a huge crowd of angry Candy People viewing the screens]]
- Hammer Space: Peppermint Butler pulls two huge bags of money out of nowhere.
- Modest Royalty: For unexplained reasons, Princess Bubblegum spends the whole episode, including her address to her people, without her tiara and wearing a tracksuit.
- The Peeping Tom: Lemongrab spying on the Candy People while they sleep out of loneliness.
- Pet the Dog: Bubblegum giving Lemongrab a companion to display his weird sense of affection.
- Police are Useless: The Banana Guards view Lemongrab stalking their citizenry as a joke and weren't going to do anything about it when Finn found it.
- Self-Harm: Mr. Cupcake breaks his own arm rather than be sent to live with Lemongrab.
- The Candy Peoples' "No, no, we won't go" chant is a bowdlerised version of the "Hell no! We won't go" chant associated with anti-draft protests in the USA during The Vietnam War.
- Jake's lion form when he leaves the Candy Kingdom for Castle Lemongrab is similar to the mascot of the Japanese doughnut shop chain Pon De Lion.
- The Pup Gang's leader Jamaica is a parody of Jesus Martinez from Hill Street Blues.
- Soft Glass: Finn runs straight through the glass window of the Reconditioning Chamber when Lemongrab threatens PB.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Princess Bubblegum agrees to the Pup Gang's demands, saying "I grant you the big cash money wad!"
- Stalker Without a Crush: Lemongrab. See The Peeping Tom.
- Taking the Bullet: Finn jumps in front of Bubblegum when Lemongrab fires his Sonic Sword at her.
- Title Drop: This.Lemongrab: "YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS! YOU MADE ME! YOOOU MAAADE MEEE!"