Finn and Jake join a wizard's guild, lured in by the promise of free powers.
- Animate Inanimate Object: A random rock gets struck by an awakening spell cast by Finn.Rock: Hey, I'm alive!
- Bait-and-Switch: When the Obviously Evil dude shows up, Jake tells Finn to be careful. Finn notes all the ways the skeleton in a hood is blatantly evil... which isn't what Jake was trying to say. Sure, he's evil, but he's also desperate.
- Bilingual Bonus: The tadpole wizards' name is Bufo. Bufo is Latin for toad.
- Brick Joke: "Hey Jake, ever wonder what a demon heart looks like?" End of the episode... "Hey naked kid, how about some free demon heart?"Jake: Full circle!
- Calling Your Attacks: Finn casts magic enchantments on himself in this fashion. After five of them, he completely subverts it by shouting, "AND EVERY OTHER POWER I DIDN'T MENTION BY NAME!"
- Hypocritical Humor:
- Finn insisting he's ready to take the Ultimate Pledge of Responsibility, without even bothering to find out what that actually means and ignoring Bufo's warnings that there could be ramifications.
- At the end, Finn tells Bufo not to take credit for ideas that weren't his. Bufo replies "Good idea! Glad I Thought of It!"
- Naked People Are Funny: Everyone's clothes get blown off by the Colony Drop, as well as Jake's fur.
- Schmuck Bait: An Obviously Evil guy shows up, asking people if they want wizard powers, which are genuine... but after training, the wizards never get to use them. They just get hoisted up into the ceiling to prevent a meteor hitting the wizard building for the rest of their life.
- Super Powers for a Day: Finn and Jake get wizard powers, ranging from controlling shadows to generating mayonnaise. According to Word of God, they lose them at the end of the episode when their robes are destroyed.
- Voice of the Legion: Bufo, being a wizard made out of several tadpoles speaking in unison. They apparently have to practice this.One of the Bufos: Dang it, Leonard! If we don't talk at the same time, nobody will understand us!Leonard: Okay, okay! Yeesh.
- What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway?: Some of the magic powers are pretty ridiculous sounding, like summoning mayonnaise, or dustomancy. But Jake's pretty cool with them all the same.