Necrophobic is a Swedish Death Metal band formed in 1989. Unlike their Stockholm contemporaries, Necrophobic's music has significant Black Metal overtones and doesn't feature the iconic "buzzsaw" guitar tone associated with the scene. The band is most likely named after Slayer's song "Necrophobic" from the album Reign in Blood.
- Joakim Sterner drums (1989present)
- Anders Strokirk vocals (19921994, 2014present)
- Sebastian Ramstedt guitar (19962011, 2017present)
- Johan Bergebäck guitar (20012011, 2017present)
- Alex Friberg bass (2008present)
- David Parland guitar (19891996, 20002001; died 2013)
- Stefan Harrvik bass (19891991), vocals (19891993)
- Stefan Zander bass, vocals (19891990)
- Tobias Sidegård bass (19912007), vocals (19942013)
- Joakim Stabel bass (1991)
- Martin Halfdan guitar (19932000)
- Fredrik Folkare guitar (20112017)
- Robert Sennebäck guitar (20112013)
- 1993 - The Nocturnal Silence
- 1997 - Darkside
- 1999 - The Third Antichrist
- 2002 - Bloodhymns
- 2006 - Hrimthursum
- 2009 - Death to All
- 2013 - Womb of Lilithu
- 2018 - Mark of the Necrogram
Necrophobic provides examples of:
- Black Metal: A Ur-Example for melodic black metal along with Dissection and Unanimated.
- Death Metal: The Trope Maker for blackened death metal.
- Epic Instrumental Opener: "Awakening..." and "The Nocturnal Silence", among others.
- I Am the Band: Joakim Sterner, the founder and only original member still in the band.
- Metal Scream: Both Strokirk and Sidegård use Type 3 with shades of Type 2.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Around 9-10.
- New Sound Album: The Nocturnal Silence was primarily Death Metal. Darkside amplified the Black Metal elements and introduced the sound Necrophobic would stick to from that point on.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: Near the end of "The Nocturnal Silence".
- Revolving Door Band: The lineup was rather unstable circa 1989-1991.
- Rock Me, Asmodeus!: Frequently in the lyrics.
- Stage Names: David Parland was known as "Blackmoon".
- Start My Own: After leaving Necrophobic and Dark Funeral, Parland formed Infernal and War.