British electronica duo formed by Fred Deakin and Nick Franglen. Mainly known for chill-out tunes... and having really neat-o sleeve art, thanks to their other job as graphic designers.
Nice weather for tropes!
- Boléro Effect: "The Staunton Lick".
- Easter Egg: If you write down all the places mentioned in "Ramblin' Man", there's a sequence whose initial letters spell out the message "Bagpuss sees all things". Quite why, is anybody's guess.
- Fading into the Next Song: The CD versions of Lost Horizons and 69-95.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: "Experiment Number Six".
- New Sound Album: 69-95 was this, to the extent that they had the sleeve stickered with a warning to that effect.
- Overly Prepared Gag: They really did register a company in the Cayman Islands just so that their website could be lemonjelly.ky.
- Recycled Trailer Music: Tunes such as "The Staunton Lick", "A Tune For Jack" and "Elements" were widely used as television background music.
- Unplugged Version: There's a lovely acoustic version of "Nice Weather For Ducks".