Justin Townes Earle (January 4, 1982) is a critically acclaimed musician and songwriter from Nashville, TN. He is the son of Steve Earle and is named after Townes Van Zandt. Released the EP Yuma in 2007 and as of 2014 has released 5 albums with one on the way.
Justin Townes Earle contains examples of:
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Less so after he got clean.
- I Am the Band: Didn't take a band with him when touring for The Good Life because of the pay cut.
- Motor Mouth: "Hard Livin'", "I Don't Care" (especially live)
- Perishing Alt-Rock Voice: Best example is "A Desolate Angels Blues" from Yuma, but it's more noticeable during live preformances.
- Up to Eleven on Single Mothers (the album as a whole) where he seems to have given up caring about how he sounds.
- Singer-Songwriter: His intention with Yuma.
- Title Track: Not an album without one.
- "When I'm Gone" Song: "A Desolate Angels Blues"