Being beautiful is never easy, especially if you're an eighteen year old boy like Gene Young who is constantly mistaken for a girl because of his delicate good looks. Gene is, in fact, anything but delicate. He is the ringleader of a group of tough kids in an all boy's school, and he's quick to beat the living daylights out of anyone who even hints that he resembles a girl.
If that wasn't hard enough for a regular teenage guy to cope with, his life is about to take a shocking turn for the worse. When Gene stumbles upon strange happenings in the forest, he gets sucked into a world of vampire intrigue and sinister romance that he never knew existed. And he learns that there are worse things than being turned into a vampire: being turned into a girl?!
A manhwa by Han Yu-Rang, has been translated in English.
"My Boyfriend is a Vampire" contains examples of:
- Betty and Veronica: Ryu is the Betty, Joseph the Veronica and Gene/Jean is the Archie.
- Charm Person: Medusa in her backstory, and it brought her lots of grief. Also Gene/Jean.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Crazy Jealous Guy: Joseph, Joseph's deceased uncle.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Gene/Jean
- Even the Guys Want Him: Gene had no problem attracting hordes of males, even the ones that knew for sure that he is a boy.
- Gender Bender: Gene/Jean
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: Medusa
- I Love You, Vampire Son: Medusa' progenitor.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy
- If I Can't Have You
- The Masquerade: Ryu has to erase the memories of every single muggle that has known Gene. Sadly, this even includes Saul.
- Mistaken for Gay: Ryu and Gene/Jean
- Muggle Best Friend: Saul once Gene/Jean is turned into a vampire.
- Nice Guy: Ryu and Saul
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: Both Medusa and Gene/Jean
- Strong Family Resemblance:
- Superpowered Evil Side: Medusa is Gene/Jean's vengeful alter ego.
- Tsundere: Gene/Jean toward both Ryu and Joseph. Ryu brings out the Dere-Dere.
- Yandere: Ryu's fiance wannabe.