Basically, your average sports manga, created by Shinya Suzuki.
A manga run from 2001-2006, it's a wacky baseball manga full of gags and Toilet Humor.
Mr Fullswing has examples of:
- All There in the Manual: Character profiles, extra infos and occasionally, a Q&A are provided at the end of every chapter.
- Book-Ends: The first and final chapter starts with the very same scene. Saruno and Sawamatsu peeping the girls locker room with a recording device.
- Break the Cutie: The reason why Inukai and Tatsuragawa's friendship with Miyanagi broke off is because of the death of their mentor Ookami.
- Butt-Monkey: Saruno. Even his name -Saru- translates to monkey.
- Cerebus Syndrome: While the humor is still intact to the very end, the main focus however was slowly transitioning from gags to the actual baseball.
- Demoted to Extra: Played for laughs to Sawamatsu and later, Nezu.
- Fan Disservice: Akemi, Saruno's alterego.
- Fanservice: From time to time. Especially in earlier chapters.
- Foreshadow: Remember in the earlier chapters? Where Saruno has a fantasy of his romance with Nagi, it ended with them being divorce, and a few later chapters, he was pleading in his sleep to his dad to not beat him up? Well, it was all played for laughs until in later chapters it was revealed that his parents are divorced, his father took his brother and trained him to be sociopath whilst Saruno had to help around his mother's job as much as he could.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Kuzikiri and Ushio.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Inukai
- Jerk Jock: Averted with nearly everyone. However, played straight with Yomi.
- Knight of Cerebus: The whole team of Kabu, though arguably, it traces back to the first appearance of Shikame.
- Loser Protagonist: Saruno, though he gets better.
- Meaningful Name and Theme Naming: The main team characters' name correspond to the Chinese Zodiac.
- The school itself is means Chinese Zodiac (Juunishi).
- Older Than They Look: Tomaru, Inori and Shikame.
- Shout-Out: Several.
- Shrinking Violet: Shiba, to the point nobody has heard him speak even a word.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Subverted with Saruno. He does have the potential, but too much of the ego.
- Toilet Humor: Nearly every chapter.
- Younger Than They Look: Mizo.