Matsui Ichimatsu, Sanguubashi Takezou, and Haruno Koume have really lousy love lives. However, their lives change when an alien by the name of Carmina appears and informs them that they are all from another planet named Polaris and that one of them is the prince of Polaris. She also tells them that their lack of luck in love is a result of a magic spell that makes women avoid them to stop them from assimilating with Earth society; however, there are twelve exceptions, each one bearing a sign of the zodiac.
However, things soon become dangerous for the heroes, for a group called Big Bang Zero is out to kill them. Filled with ruthless beings from all over the cosmos and led by a group capable of blowing up whole planets known as Shadow Matter, Big Bang Zero will stop at nothing to kill the heroes as well as destroy Polaris.
Ended in 2011. Due to the rushed pacing of the ending, its likely it was canceled by its magazine.
This manga provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Momoko
- Affably Evil: Pandora, who tends to act like a goofball even when committing heinous acts, but being so blasé that he comes off as likable.
- Art Evolution: The art is especially good compared to MÄRs later chapter, returning to Flame of Reccas previous level of visuals.
- Birds of a Feather: The main Love Interest of each of the three heroes are very similar to each other in personality.
- Creepy Child: Zero. He's nice enough, but once he feels that he fully understands you...
- He's actually an Eldritch Abomination that was separated into himself and the princess of Kochab.
- Cut Short: After Matsui beats Pandora, he given all the powers of his colleges and even a few from his former opponents and uses it to destroy the princess of Kocab. He and the other continue their lives after that. The end. Not to mention the fight after Dodo seems very rushed.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Takezou
- Eldritch Abomination: The Princess of Kochab and Zero's true form.
- Expy: Pandora appears to be one of Joker and Nanashi, from appearance to personality to choice of weaponry.
- As well as Kurei in terms of outfit.
- I'm A Humanitarian: Dodo
- Improbable Weapon User: All over the place from finger puppets that give different effects (strength, turning anything into a weapon, eating the landscape and er...excreting it to trap enemies), to cute costumes that give you its properties, to wine glasses, to even PSPs that can bring out game characters and allow you to use them in real life.
- Kill It with Fire: Juuzo's method of fighting
- Monster Clown: Dodo...
- Person of Mass Destruction: The princess of Kochab, to the point that most members of Shadow Matter need to be present to calm her down again.
- Sink or Swim Mentor: Momoko
- Tomato Surprise: If one of the Twelve Penance, Crete, is to be believed Komue is the main prince of Polaris.
- Her other two predictions have now both come true, so it's looking pretty likely.
- But at the same time, Dodo was killed, so how can he kill Arachne? Also Juuzyou was not betrayed.
- Zero and the Princess are two halves of the same person or rather Eldritch Abomination Kochab. He lost his memory however
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Nemesis gets the least characterization of the Shadow Matter and gets killed the quickest.
- Winged Humanoid: Pandora