Desire Climax is a Shōjo Manga written and drawn by Ayane Ukyou. It was serialized in Margaret from 2004 to 2006.
The story starts out rather predictably: Mio Omori is from a poor family and works a cleaning job to scrape money together while her mother stays in the hospital. One night, as she's heading home from work, she witnesses a bunch of thugs beating up a ritzy sports car, only for the owner of said car to come out and kick ass and take names. When Mio goes to call the police, he grabs her by the hair and for some reason decides to make out with her. And then he throws money at her, claiming that he's "bought" her.
Things only get weirder from there. The next day Mio discovers that her assailant is none other than Shoei Jinnai, an extremely popular student and her landlord's son. From there it develops into a whirlwind romance which involves lots and lots of sex.
Desire Climax provides examples of the following tropes:
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Seems to operate under this principle. Mio chooses the Jerkass Shoei over the more-or-less agreeable Hinata.
- Barbie Doll Anatomy: Partially averted. The author has no problem with drawing Mio's naked breasts, but everything else is off-limits.
- Bed Trick: Hinata, desperate to drive a wedge between Shoei and Mio, pretends to be her and attempts to get in bed with Shoei. Since Shoei is nearly blind without contact lenses it almost works until he touches Hinata's hair and realizes the difference.
- Bishōnen: Shoei and Hinata are both very pretty. In fact, they're prettier than Mio.
- BrotherSister Incest: Hina's interactions with his sister are a bit... iffy to begin with, but then we're told that Mio is the illegitimate child of Mr. Jinnai, making her Shoei's sister. They decide to have sex anyway. But then again, it turns out Hina's actually Shoei's little brother. Mio had just assumed the worst when she learned that her mother had had an affair with her landlord.
- Didn't Think This Through: After finding out that she may or may not be Shoei's sister, Mio runs away with him to go do the nasty. They then decide to run away together, only to discover that, oh, she's not his sister after all.
- The Dog Was the Mastermind: The gardener's father kidnapped Mio when she was small and caused her Laser-Guided Amnesia. The gardener also kidnaps her.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: Mio's reaction to Shoei slipping her a credit card.
- Ill Girl: Mio and Hinata's mom, who spends the whole story in the hospital.
- Jerkass: Shoei is one, as per romance plot rules. Hinata can also come across as one.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Probably what the author was going for with Shoei, but...
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Turns out Mio has some.
- Love Makes You Dumb: Mio suffers the worst from this, starting out as a strong-willed, feisty girl but eventually devolving into a simpering moron for the man who pretty much sexually assaults her every time she's on the job.
- Love Makes You Evil: Hinata sort of delves into this when he gets jealous of Mio's relationship with Shoei.
- Only Sane Man: Mercifully, Mio points out a lot of the ridiculousness that takes place early in the story, and even manages to avoid Shoei's constant attempts to bone her. Unfortunately, she later starts to become a part of the insanity.
- Porn with Plot: While the main story is kind of interesting, one can't help but feel like it was tacked on at the last second.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Shoei apparently believes that raping your employees is A-okay when you're rich.
- Twin Switch: Kind of. In a flashback, we learn that the gardener's father had planned to kidnap Shoei for ransom, but kidnapped Mio instead, since the two were cross-dressing at the time. It Makes Sense in Context.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Mio's friend shows up a couple times and then disappears for the rest of the story.