Chotto Edo Made is a manga taking place in a strange anachronism-filled version of the Edo period, centering around a Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy duo: Soubi, a commoner who's training to be a swordswoman, and Mito, a potential heir to the shogun. It was serialized from 2008 to August 2011.
This manga provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Soubi
- Anachronism Stew: It takes place in an alternate 2008 where the Edo Period never ended.
- Bifauxnen: Soubi
- The Casanova: Soubi's father was sowing his oats all over the place. The manga describes him as a "sexy Hanamoto bad boy."
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Mito
- Embarrassing First Name: Soubi's name means "rose." She's not too pleased when Mito points this out and tries to make it her nickname.
- Gender-Blender Name: Mito's nickname is Michelle.
- Heroic Bastard: Soubi
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Mito
- Luminescent Blush: Mito does this a lot.
- The Scream: Kiou's brother does an homage to Munch's painting when Soubi accidentally smacks Mito in the face. Kiou chides him for having such a "Western" reaction.
- The Stoic: Soubi and Kiou.