The Legacy Fleet Series is a science fiction novel series written by Nick Webb.
There are six books in the main story:
- Book 1: Constitution
- Book 2: Warrior
- Book 3: Victory
- Book 4: Independence
- Book 5: Defiance
- Book 6: Liberty
In addition, there are a set of expanded universe novels, formerly published under the now-defunct Kindle Worlds program.
The Legacy Fleet series contains examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: In the first trilogy, the usual IDF defense against the Swarm's primary weapon (an artificial singularity bomb) is to throw a large osmium brick at them.
- Aliens Speaking English: Justified. The races connected to the Swarm's telepathic Ligature have learned English due to the Swarm assimilating some of the humans before the start of the Second Swarm War.
- The Battlestar: Most IDF ships have a reasonable complement of fighters.
- The Bus Came Back: Post-Victory, Timothy Grainger is still very much alive, becoming a major character again in time for Liberty."Shelby, they're back. And so am I."
- Great Offscreen War: The series begins fifty years after the end of the First Swarm War.
- Subverted in that some of the spinoff novels are set during it.
- Kill Tally: The record for most Valarissi fighters destroyed by a single pilot in one engagement is 100 by Tyler "Ballsy" Volz. His son Ethan "Batshit" Zivic beats this record in Liberty, but Ballsy points out this doesn't really count because he's fighting the actual Swarm, which are separate from the Valarissi.
- Leeroy Jenkins: How Ballsy and later Batshit got their callsigns.