The Demigod Files is a companion book for Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Within it are three Short Stories; Percy Jackson And The Stolen Chariot, Percy Jackson And The Bronze Dragon and Percy Jackson And The Sword Of Hades, all from the POV of Percy Jackson. Along with these stories is a letter from the Senior Scribe of Camp Half-Blood, interviews with various characters (the Stolls, Clarisse, Annabeth, Grover and Percy), a map of Camp Half-Blood, Annabeth's camp trunk, games, a small chart of gods, a sneak peak of The Last Olympian and some official pictures of some characters. A alternate version of this book was also made for the The Lightning Thief movie.
The short story Percy Jackson And The Stolen Chariot is about when Percy joins a quest Clarisse La Rue was given by her father Ares. The quest being for Clarisse to take and bring back Ares war chariot. Unfortunately Clarisse's immortal brothers; who are Ares's usually charioteers, don't like it when anyone else gets to drive Ares's chariot and stole it. Thus forcing the two half-bloods to retrieve it.
The short story Percy Jackson And The Bronze Dragon takes place at Camp Half-Blood during a capture the flag game. During which Percy is paired with the counselor for the Hephaestus cabin and his capture the flag's team captain. Unfortunately in the game the two half-bloods discover the Myrmekes's nest and with them the remains of a old camp guardian.
The short story Percy Jackson And The Sword Of Hades begins with Persephone bringing the children of the big three (Percy, Thalia and Nico) together for a quest. The quest to retrieve a nearly finished sword, which has been stolen by a servant of Kronos. The three then race against time to stop the their and retrieve the sword before he can leave The Underworld.
Provides Examples Of:
- Amnesiac Villain Joins the Heroes: After having his memory wiped by the river Lethe, Iapetus is told his name is Bob and that he's on the demigods' side. He turns into a Chekhov's Gunman in the sequel series The Heroes of Olympus.
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: The Myrmekes are basically giant ants.
- Feathered Fiend: The feather shooting birds that guard Ares's temple.
- Gem Tissue: The bronze dragon has rubies for eyes.
- Invisibility Cloak: Annabeth Chase's hat.
- Making a Splash: Percy naturally does this several times.
- Our Dragons Are Different: The bronze dragon is a automaton.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: The bronze dragon has ruby eyes.
- Short Story: This book contains three; The Stolen Chariot, The Bronze Dragon and The Sword Of Hades.
- Walk on Water: Percy through his hydrokinesis allows Ares's war chariot to go on water.
- The Underworld: Most of The Sword Of Hades takes place here.