Delver Magic takes place in a world where magic is returning, bringing with it new threats.
- Always Chaotic Evil: The dark races certainly seem to have this as a trait.
- Anti-Magic: Laura is immune to magic.
- Artifact of Doom: The Sphere of Ingar, a magical artifact that sucked in all the magic in the world, then started re-emmitting it, only the magic was tainted and poisonous.
- Cool Sword: The Sword of Decree, which amplifies any ambient light, hurt ones very essence as easily as flesh, and, in Rysons hand, guide its weilder.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: The different types of magic in the world come in different colors, blue corresponding to water magic, for example.
- Gentle Giant: The cliff behemoths.
- Enemy Mine: In the past, trying to retain their power, almost every spellcaster (save 1 prominent example) actually allied with dark creatures, since they needed magic to remain in the earthly realm, they wanted it kept as well.
- Evil Sorcerer: Ingar, the creator of the sphere that is the main source of conflict in the first book (in case you were wondering, the sphere is made out of the skin of humans and the other 4 sentient races!).
- The Magic Comes Back: The magic of the land, long ago sealed, returns at the start of the first novel.