The Chronicles Of Steve Stollberg is a satirical web serial novel published in 2015 by an internet user named "PabloThePirate". It takes place at Northville Middle School, and it centres around 3 students who go there: Steve Stollberg, the eponymous protagonist and Only Sane Man of the group; James, a gullible conspiracy theorist who takes meaningless details and declares them proof of his conspiracy theories; and Harrison, who believes conspiracy theories that contradict James' theories, placing him and James at odds. Steve tries to convince them to think rationally, but they never listen.
The Chronicles Of Steve Stollberg contains examples of:
- Alliterative Name: Steve Stollberg.
- Author Avatar: Steve is a stand-in for the author, voicing the authors belief that conspiracy theories are stupid.
- Conspiracy Theorist: James and Harrison. When the government says that Mickey Mouse was killed in a drive-by-shooting, James suspects that Mickey actually faked his death, and Harrison suspects that he was actually cryogenically frozen rather than cremated.
- Facepalm: Steve does this whenever somebody says something stupid.
- Faking the Dead: James believes that Mickey Mouse did this, in spite of the overwhelming evidence that he was killed in a drive-by-shooting.
- It's Popular, Now It Sucks!: In-Universe: In "Pewdiecake", a fan of the video star Pewdiecake stops liking Pewdiecake due to Pewdiecake becoming extremely popular.
- Occam's Razor: When James and Harrison stupidly believe conspiracy theories about Mickey Mouses death, Steve tells them to follow this so they can become smarter.
- Only Sane Man: Steve. The other 2 main characters, James and Harrison, are conspiracy theorists who believe that Mickey Mouse faked his death and was cryogenically frozen respectively in spite of contradictory evidence, but Steve is the only main character who is smart enough to realize the truth that the government is telling the truth about Mickey Mouses death.
- Satire: James and Harrison believe that Mickey Mouse faked his death and was cryogenically frozen respectively, which is portrayed as extremely stupid as they believe so despite overwhelming contrary evidence. This satirizes people who believe that Tupac Shakur faked his drive-by-shooting death, and also satirizes people who believe that Walt Disney was cryogenically frozen.
- Take That!: Miss Jackson asks her class what the company Disney has given them, and Harrison answers "A probably-crappy upcoming Star Wars sequel", referencing the Star Wars film The Force Awakens which is upcoming as of the storys publishing. Miss Jackson says that hes right, which is meant to voice the authors opinion of the movie.
- Tinfoil Hat: When James suggests that Mickey Mouse faked his death, Miss Jackson implies that he likes to wear tinfoil hats.