The story follows Alysia Morales who gained her magical powers from Suzaku after suffering a concussion during a hockey game, and agreed to become its Sentinel. During her time at a hospital, executives and colleagues from Avalon Tech Enterprises kidnapped Alysia and subjected her to Brainwashing. With her under their control, they begin their plans to search for the remaining Sentinels and so they could change the world.
Arcana Magi is available via this link.
"Here there be spoilers!"
Arcana Magi provides examples of:
- All Trolls Are Different: So far, one Troll is on the Board of Directors and one Troll works as a Technology Tester.
- Alphabetical Theme Naming: In alphabetical order, the first names of the Sentinels are Alysia, Brie, Chisame, and Danica.
- Emotionless Girl: Enforced. Alysia Morales must remain emotionless or she will suffer head pains.
- Loss of Identity: Alysia Morales was convinced that her real life was a lie and with her appearance changed, she believed she was someone else. To the point that she believes her new identity IS her real identity, even though she still has some of her real original memories intact.
- Magic A Is Magic A: Mana is a source of energy akin to electrical energy, with kinetic and potential types. Mana energizes magical items and can be drawn from nature by people with magical powers to cast spells, but cannot be drawn from other people or creatures due to willpower and instinctual resistance. Mana is 100% pure when the object its drawn from is natural, like copper and wood, and slowly but surely the natural object will lose all its Mana when changed into something else, like when copper and electricity is used in a computer.
- Magitek: Avalon Tech Enterprises builds machines and magical items that runs on Mana as an energy source.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: One Dwarf on the Board of Directors heads the metal works division. Another is testing a gauntlet in the Technology Department.
- Our Fairies Are Different: So far, at Avalon Tech Enterprises, one fairy is on the Board of Directors and one fairy is a scientist.
- Theme Naming: The weapons the Sentinels use are named after storytelling genres — Saga, Legacy, Epic, and Fable.
- Transformation Trinket: The Sentinels have a bracelet, a ring, a brooch, and a pendant that turns into their weapons.
- Winged Humanoid: Alysia Morales sprouts a pair after she chooses to become a Sentinel. Also one winged humanoid is on the Board of Directors.