A Sister More Like Me details the relationship between Elsa and Anna. It shows that the sisters have very different personalities and likes, eventually learning to support and enjoy their differences.
This book contains examples of:
- Abled in the Adaptation: Elsa shows almost none of the depression or angst from the film.
- All Girls Like Ponies: Downplayed. Anna has a horse that she likes to ride around.
- Aloof Big Brother: At the beginning of their separation, Anna would follow Elsa around when they were little, but Elsa would ignore her.
- Bookworm: Elsa loves to read and study.
- Princesses Prefer Pink: Princess Anna's text is written in pink.
- Purple Is Powerful: The text for Elsa, who is the future queen and has ice powers, is written in purple.
- The Shut-In: As in the film, Elsa and Anna are kept inside the castle, and Elsa in particular keeps to herself.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: The theme of the book. Anna is energetic and people-friendly while Elsa is quiet and introverted. As children they wish they were more alike, however as adults they learn to enjoy their differences.
- Tomboy Princess: Anna is very sporty and energetic.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: Anna is rambunctious, but likes pink.