"I do feel you, baby."This show
is crammed with these moments. It's to be expected from an Olan Rogers
production, who seems to have a fixation with bromances to begin with.
open/close all folders
- Gary and Avocato. This pair has a ton of ho yay between them over a very short period of time.
- Gary in chapter 2 was desperate for Avocato to become his friend due to the fact that he spent 5 years on the ship with no one but robots to talk to.. What was Garys first attempt to befriend Avocato? Making him play cards for 9 hours straight.
- When Gary requests that Avocato do the symbolic hand grasp with him, Avocato asked if he and Gary had to get balls to the wind naked for it. Gary responds with yes to the question but he and Avocato hand clasped with their clothes still on.
- And when they were falling through the chasms of Terracon Prime and threatened with a blast door and viper turrets, Gary tells Avocato to hug him to get through the doors hole.
- Gary and Avocato make flirty looking faces towards each other pretty often, starting after Avocato volunteers to do the surgery for Garys replacement arm.
- The very first thing Gary does with his robotic arm after getting it attached to his body is that he touches Avocato on the lips with the arm.
- During chapter 5 when Avocato decides to give Gary tips on how to effectively impress Quinn, Avocato similarly makes another sexy face which Gary seems to legitimately find attractive.
- Interestingly, Avocato made the same face at Gary in episode two, so does that imply...
- And if these faces arent convincing enough for viewers to count those as acts of ho yay, we see Gary use these kinds of faces towards Quinn, which is especially seen in chapter 9. HUE refers to these faces as the face.
- And in episode 6, it all culminates in a squee-inducing hug. Along with a hefty bunch of suggestive dialogue and music that sounds romantic in a sci fi setting. In fact, it more or less plays out as if they were going to kiss.
- In Chapter 7 after Avocato apparently dies, Gary goes on an imperium cruiser to help little Cato get revenge. During this he orders HUE to turn on battle music but instead gets super sad music that drives almost everyone on board to tears. Gary atttempts to hold back his tears until KVN mentions Avocato, causing Gary to wail hysterically like a widow...er at her... his husbands funeral.
- After Avocato dies, Gary more or less tries to take space as Little Cato's Parental Substitute or give him some sort of solace over the loss of Avocato, which basically means Little Cato now has two dads.
- In "The Lost Spy", Gary refers to Avocato as his boy friend, which comes off as him telling others that Little Cato is the son of his boyfriend.
- Towards the end of the same episode Gary offers to adopt Little Cato officially, at least until they can get Avocato back. His acceptance means that Gary and Avocato are canonically his two dads.
- In "The Sixth Key", when Ash frees Avocato from Invictus, Avocato is happily reunited with both his son and best friend. Little Cato is overjoyed that "...both of his Dads are together again!" Now the show's crew is just doing it on purpose.
- The episode And Into The Fire has Gary and Avocato imagine themselves in a field of reeds and reaching out to each other when they get separated by a rock collapse. When Gary describes his bond with Avocato to Quinn, she replied that Gary is supposed to have that kind of bond with her.
- In The Chamber Of Doubt, Gary fondles Avocato's pecs for several long, awkward seconds before Avocato finally tells him to cut it out.
- In the same episode, Avocato has Gary touch his neck to feel his danger gland. Gary touches it for an extended period of time until Quinn angrily tells Gary to stop.
- In general, the fact that Avocato tends to call Gary "baby", though it comes off more as a Verbal Tic than an Affectionate Nickname.
- KVN is pretty physically clingy towards Gary, despite the latter's vocal annoyance of KVN—though KVN is a robot, the male sounding name and male voice lead to this.
- During chapter 3 when the Galaxy one gets sucked in by a time worm, the massive amount of turbulence from the ship causes Gary and KVN to get pushed back with Gary falling in a glass panel and KVN to the ships wall behind Gary. Gary is naked at this time and because of this KVN gets to see Garys butt through the panel and sounds aroused by it.
KVN: Oooh, pressed hams!
- KVN also wraps his arms around Garys head in the ending of chapter 5.
- Their very first interaction happens when KVN smacks Gary on the ass when the latter is bending over to pick something up. Gary takes an immediate (and vocal) disliking to KVN.
- KVN gets really touchy with Gary in Chapter 9 on several occasions.
- First off on the Galaxy One, he moves Garys mouth around while having the mouth syllables of praise towards KVN
- And then after a shootout against the Infinity Guard, KVN while in a mech suit, uses the suits hand to touch and rub Garys face affectionately. He then gets out of the suit, gets very close to Gary and while saying that they are best friends enlarges his robotic iris.
- In Chapter 10, KVN proclaims himself to be Garys deep space insanity avoidance forever companion, which goes to show that KVN wants to be with Gary for life.
- During The Sixth Key, Gary pretends to show affection to KVN, causing pink sparkles and lights to emit around Gary and KVN with groovy romantic music playing in the background. Gary proceeds to do his usual flirty face and just when it looks like he is about to kiss KVN, Gary immediately changes tune to tell KVN to get out of his face and violently pushes him away.
- After looking over all of the rooms aboard the galaxy two in The Ventrexian, Gary decides to wash up in the shower. However, KVN sneaks into the shower while Gary is taking it and starts scrubbing him, starting with the hair.
- KVN really wants Gary's praise and approval at times.
- During Chapter 2, Gary is forced to wear the skin of a deceased alien named Melanie Dewinter and while in that skin, he winds up in Melanies house where her husband, David and their two children live. David upon seeing Gary in the suit, mistakes Gary for Melanie and kisses him flat on the mouth.
- The first ever use of this trope in season one is in Chapter 1 when Gary argues with a male infinity guard member over Quinn and Gary moves in closer to the guards face until he proclaims that he can't get anywhere closer.
- During the episode The Torra Regata, Gary tried to help Clarence try to rob a man named Rug Yorkvain, a man with a womanly appearance. Gary calls Rug handsome more than once.
- During a fight, Gary And Rug continuously headbutt each other all while both have the exaggerated lips on their faces. This makes their head butting look like kissing.
- During the subplot Of The Happy Place Clarence cooks up a scam that involves selling the happy place ship (which is not his) and he sells it to an alien named Fraskenhaur. Instead of a contract, Fraskenhaur insists that he and Clarence seal the deal with a handshake with Fraskenhaur revealing that he has hands hidden all over his body and tries to have Clarence shake all of them. One of these hands is attached to Fraskenhaurs butt and because of this, Fraskenhaur tries to have Clarence shake it and moons him in the process. Clarence cringes at this and takes advantage of a shootout to bail out of the situation.
- It later becomes a Running Gag whenever they encounter each other.
- During The Remembered when Gary, Clarence, and Nightfall go on an elevator, Fraskenhaur shows ups to remind Clarence to meet up with him for dinner on Tuesday. Apparently, It sounds like they planned to go on a date.
- Fraskenhaur even makes suck dinner plans with Clarence again in Hyper Trans Dimensional Bridge Rising right when he shows up to help Clarence activate the bridge. This time the dinner plans are set on Thursday
- During The Closer You Get, Clarence reveals that he owns a rack of whips and suggests that the Team Squad use them on Avocato to get him to recover from amnesia. As Clarence was revealed to be very kinky with whips, he gets aroused from whipping Avocato.
- Tribore even joins in on the whipping, gathering a bunch of whips and using them to whip Avocato so much that it makes the whole scene look like a BDSM session.
- Tribore just cant stop talking about Richard. He first mentions Richard in Chapter 9 and communicates with him, all while ignoring Shannon Thunders advances on him
- The Grand Surrender reveals Richard in person while Tribore is once again communicating with him. Tribore seems to get jealous of Richard when he sees another guy names Dan standing alongside Richard and just doing nothing with him.
- At the beginning of The First Times They Met, Little Cato and Fox get into an argument that is instigated by Little Catos apparent tendency to put his paw in Foxs mouth while both are sleeping. Their argument over zones makes them both sound Like an Old Married Couple.
- Fox is revealed to be one of the few people who actually respects KVN. He decided to lavish his praise on KVN during the carnivolo dinner in The Set Up, which causes KVN to be delighted and wrap his arms around Fox in a similar way he does to Gary and keeps his arms wrapped around Fox for 25 seconds.
- KVN is shown to love Fox to the point of giving up his Falanger to save Fox after Clarence betrays and severely wounds him. During this, KVN reflects on all the cherished moments he spent with Fox.
- The Arachnitects in general have been revealed to have created the titans and all of the Arachnitects are male due to their voices. Because of this, it technically makes all of them Bolos parents