Moments pages are Spoilers Off. You Have Been Warned.
- "[I am] A warrior. Of the...Jarhead clan."
- Shortly afterwards, from Quaritch: "Jarhead clan? (snickers) And it worked?"
- Quaritch: (after destroying the Home Tree) Nice work, boys; first round's on me.
- More Quaritch, when he realizes that the Na'vi are attacking his gunship with bows and arrows.
Quaritch: Oh you gotta be kidding me.
- Jake: Neytiri calls me "skxawng". It means "moron".
- When asked how many hours he'd logged in the piloting simulator: "Zip, but I read a manual."
- Which is a callback to a similar CMoF in Aliens:
Ripley: How many drops is this for you, lieutenant?
Gorman: Thirty eight...simulated.
Vasquez: How many combat drops?
Gorman: Uh, two. Including this one.
Hudson: Oh, man...
Grace: "How much lab experience do you have?"
Jake: "I dissected a frog once."
- Grace's first line.
Grace: [exiting avatar control bed, exhausted] Who's got my goddamn cigarette? Guys? What's wrong with this picture?!
- Even funnier is how her lab assistant sprints to go get it the moment Grace starts getting out of the link.
- When first controlling his avatar, Jake's tail surprises him when he notices it over his shoulder. When he turns around to look at it, it knocks medical supplies off a table.
- This exchange between Grace and Sully while the latter is first entering his chamber:
Grace: "Just relax and let your mind go blank. That shouldn't be too hard for you."
- For a serious character, Grace gets more of these than you'd expect:
Tsu'tey: "You mated with this woman?!"
- Crowning Moment of Funny? Reportedly, Sam Worthington, Jake's actor, emailed Entertainment Weekly with his own ideas for a sequel:
Sam Worthington: Jake should have abused his avatar and be fat and unfit and demand Neytiri to get him a beer.
- The direhorses make the exact same sounds as the Velociraptors from Jurassic Park, which can come off as hilarious Vocal Dissonance to anyone familiar with the JP sound effects.
- When Tsu'tey and a couple of young hunters take Jake to tame his own ikran, you can see Tsu'tey in the background shooing an ikran away from him.
- A hilarious moment from the deleted scenes of the collector's edition: Jake wakes up from his Avatar and goes looking for the others (Grace is outside) and he turns a corner, and Trudy and Norm appear to be in the middle of a lovemaking session. Then Jake's voice over crowns the funny "Norm's attitude has improved lately."
- An even more hilarious moment from the deleted scenes occurs during the meal at the campfire:
Jake: These rock. What are they?
Neytiri: You call [it] beetle larvae.
Jake: Well, that's some damn fine Teylu. Just like Grandma's Teylu.
- The Sturmbeest Hunt had this gem of an exchange:
Jake: Hell yeah!
Neytiri: (who has no idea what it means) Hell yeah!
Jake: *excited whooping like a football fan*
Neytiri: *high pitched monkey-like hooting*
- Parker Selfridge's reaction to being lectured by Grace (presumably for the umpteenth time) about having just bulldozed something holy is hilarious.
Grace: Those trees were sacred to the Omaticaya in a way you can't imagine.
Parker: Oh, you know what, you throw a stick in the air around here, it's gonna land on some sacred fern for Christ's sake!
- Likewise, Parkers retort to Graces lecture after bulldozing the Tree of Voices
Grace: That's more connections than the human brain. You get it? It's a network a global network. And the Na'vi can access it they can upload and download data memories at sites like the one you just destroyed.
Parker: What the HELL have you people been smoking out there? They're just goddamn trees!
- Jake convincing the Na'vi to teach him.
Mo'at: It is hard to fill a cup that is already full.
- When Trudy first rakes the Dragon Gunship from above in a stunningly awesome entry, coming out of nowhere in a Samson emblazoned with Na'vi warpaint, her line is a nonchalant "Oops."
- And moments later she tops that with "You're not the only one with a gun, bitch."
- Quaritch is, rather dramatically, describing how dangerous Pandora can be. He explains that he has only ever been wounded once, in several decades of frontline military service, and that it was on his first day on Pandora. Then he finishes, not with a stern warning or an emotional silence, but by laughing at how embarrassed he felt about his bleeding head wound.
Quaritch: Think I look like a shaved-tail Louie!
- Jake chooses his ikran:
Jake: How will I know if he chooses me?
Neytiri: He will try to kill you.
- Due to its prominent brow ridges and crooked beak, Toruk has a default expression that comes off as "moderately annoyed". Especially when Jake rides it to the Tree of Souls and is stroking its snout, and it glares back up at him as if to say, "Okay, what did you just get me into, pal?"
- Lyle Wainfleet gets his just desserts after being charged by a herd of titanotheres. He only has enough time to pathetically scream like a little girl before the titanothere casually crushes his mech's cockpit, and him inside it.
- In Avatar: Pandora Rising, Jakes bio for the Navi side describes him as a member of the Jarhead clan from earth, and the way it shows his name implies that the Navi as a whole think his name is Jakesully.