Olie Hand is a decorated soldier who has just come back from Vietnam. Unfortunately, his hometown has been overrun by murderous bikers. Tormented by PTSD, Olie wants to let the police solve the problems, but is forced to change his tune when they prove ineffective.
This film contains examples of:
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: To enact his final scheme of robbing the town bank, Prophet contacts his old friend Pillbox, who leads a violent biker gang, to cause chaos.
- Circus of Fear: The main antagonists are a bunch of carnies whose act just acme to town and commit violent crimes on the side.
- Jerkass: Mark Hand, Olie's father, is a racist curmudgeon who thinks his son's PTSD is cowardice.
- Shell-Shocked Veteran: Olie is traumatized by his experiences in Vietnam, even nearly killing a friend after having a flashback while they're wrestling, and wants to avoid fighting the villains because it brings back bad memories. However, because Police Are Useless, he is forced to use his military skills to stop them for good. He spends the climax of the film in a flashback due to gunfire.
- Vigilante Man: Olie's Army buddies acted on their own accord and put a good dent in the carnies and bikers. When the police are ineffective, Olie himself steps in.