The crossover between Ressha Sentai ToQger and Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger.
This movie contains examples of the following tropes:
- Back from the Dead: A handful of Shadow Monsters are brought back to fight the ToQgers and Kyoryugers.
- Badass Adorable: Being regressed to their childhood forms doesn't stop the ToQgers from transforming and fighting alongside their predecessors.
- Continuity Snarl:
- This movie disacknowledges the guest appearance by the ToQgers and Kyoryu Red teaming-up with Kamen Rider Den-O in Kamen Rider Taisen, portraying the ToQgers as unfamiliar with their Kyoryuger predecessors. Likewise, Daigo has no idea what the Rainbow Line is. However, the Kyoryuger Express, which first appeared as a train Mecha transformed from Gabutyra in Kamen Rider Taisen, makes an appearance here in a different context. Here it is the hand-held Gabutyra Express, which transformed from one of Kyoryu Red's Beast Batteries. Though, the unfamiliarity between the Tokkyugers and KyoryuRed may stem from the fact the two teams don't actually talk and just form the mecha and help out.
- It is known that the Rainbow Line President imagined the ToQgers as adults so that they can use their respective powers. However, as shown in the movie, the ToQgers have no problem fighting as children alongside the Kyōryūger team.
- Early-Bird Cameo: This movie also features the debut of Shuriken Sentai Ninninger and they literally appeared quite early in the movie compared to the previous Super Sentai teams who either appeared half way, near the climax and/or even after the credits.
- Enemy Mine: The reason why the Shadow Line ends up helping out in the final battle.
- Hypocritical Humor: Daigo didn't want the ToQgers to fight because they were childish, and felt Lighter and Softer. Keep in mind that Kyoryuger itself was a Lighter and Softer response to GoBusters.
- In the Name of the Moon: For the Vs. movie, both teams give their roll call in succession. In this case, the previous team (Kyoryuger) goes first, followed by the current team (ToQger).
- Make My Monster Grow: It feels like it's being parodied, because it really doesn't help in this film. Though we do get the expected giant-sized battle, that's in the middle. When the Big Bad goes giant for the final round, instead of everyone summoning their machines, they just blast the hell out of him, combining their attacks into one to finish the job. It turns out getting big doesn't mean twelve main Rangers, four backup Rangers, and the four villains you betrayed, one of which is the ridiculously powerful Zed, can't put you in your place from the ground. Also, earlier, there's a point where a Darkliner Robo is summoned. The Ninningers use a Nin Shuriken that shrinks it.
- No-Sell: The Mooks of both series are immune to the attacks of the other Sentai team. This was solved by swapping the Zyudenchi and Resshas between the team's weapons, effectively giving both teams both powers.
- On the other hand, the Ninningers were able to harm the Mooks just fine without needing help from either the Kyoryugers or ToQgers.
- Out of Focus: The non-Daigo Kyoryugers, as per the main problem people had with the series itself. They're quite deliberately swept out of the way while only Daigo and Utchy are given any real participation in the story, as an early battle leaves them injured for most of the film and they only return for the climax, making Daigo the only one who gets to hang out with the ToQgers outside of battle. Utchy fares a little better, his moments being important ones.
- Plot Hole: The film makes a point that the participating Sentai cant harm each others villains without part of the others arsenal. Yet the Ninningers are able to take out a group of Shadow Line mooks with no To Qger equipment on hand.
- Shout-Out: A couple to Power Rangers, actually. We last saw a posing-generated explosion completely floor whoever was standing behind whoever was posing in RPM. Also, back when PR had the budget to do teamups like this one every year, the two-team pose was accompanied by smoke clouds in the colors of all Rangers present, then the big fireball. Sentai teamups only use the big fireball... until now.
- Transformation Sequence: For The Movie, a specially filmed team sequence is done for both the Kyoryugers and the ToQgers.
- Versus Title