Philip Fleischhacker (Tino Mewes) and his two friends Wurst (Manuel Cortez) and Konrad (Thomas Schmeider) are not the most popular kids at their school. If anything, they're kind of at the bottom of the Popularity Food Chain.
That all changes one night, however, when Philip's neighbour and female friend Rebecca (Collien Fernandes) invites the three of them to come with her and her friends Gunther (Oliver Grober) and Frederick (Tom Lass) to a voodoo ritual they're practicing that night (sweetening the deal by offering a love potion for Philip to get local popular girl Ushi (Nadine Garmann) to like him). They try to resurrect a dead chicken with some zombie powder they got off the internet (with the intent of resurrecting Kurt Cobain next so he can be their musician), but when they pour it out of the bag, the wind blows it all over Philip, Wurst, and Konrad instead. Disappointed, the three decide to go home. On the way, however, they get into a car accident and die.
Much to their surprise, Philip, Wurst, and Konrad wake up in a morgue and realize they're zombies. Once they gather their thoughts, the three realize being undead has certain advantages (Wurst can drink as much as he wants without dying of alcohol poisoning, and Konrad learns he can take serious damage with no consequences, and has immense strength) and decide to use it to finally get some cred at school. Unfortunately, what they forget is that being undead also has certain drawbacks.
The movie was released on November 4th, 2004 in Germany, and February 20th, 2007 in the United States.
Night Of The Living Dorks contains examples of:
- Cassandra Truth: When Philip's parents come home and seize the potion to turn him and Wurst back to normal, he tries telling them that he and Wurst and Konrad have all been zombified, and that taking the potion will undo it. They don't believe him.
- Depraved Homosexual: The gym teacher is revealed to be this when Konrad finds gay porno magazines in his office. When said teacher discovers Konrad in his office, he offers Konrad to join him in BDSM. Konrad's response is to eat him.
- Eaten Alive: Konrad does this to the gym teacher. When Konrad's done, all that's left of said gym teacher is a shoe.
- Feel No Pain: The trio learn that, since they're dead, they can't feel any pain.
- Girl Next Door: Rebecca is this for Philip.
- Kill It with Fire: At the beginning of the movie, a zombie seen threatening a family in Haiti is torched into ashes.
- Mistaken for Gay: Ushi sees Philip with his pants down from behind, Wurst kneeling in front of him, and Philip grunting. In reality, Wurst was stapling Philip's dick back on after Ushi pulled it off, but to Ushi it looked like Wurst was giving Philip a blowjob. Her response is to gather everyone at the party to watch her ridicule Philip for being gay.
- Official Couple: Philip and Rebecca become this at the end of the movie.
- Super Strength: Konrad discovers he gained this as a result of zombification.
- Waking Up at the Morgue: Philip, Wurst, and Konrad wake up in a morgue after a car accident that kills them.
- Wild Teen Party: Philip hosts one at his home (against his parents' wishes) in hopes of sealing the deal with Ushi. It doesn't quite go as planned.