House on the Edge of the Park is a horror-thriller film released in 1980 directed by Ruggero Deodato (Cannibal Holocaust). It stars David Hess and Giovanni Lambardo Radice. Two lowlife punks, Alex and Ricky (played by Hess and Radice, respectively) invite themselves to a party at a posh villa and after being taunted by their snobbish hosts, hold everybody hostage and subject them to various tortures and humiliations.
The film was classified as a Video Nasty but has since been released. It is usually regarded as a sleazier and more inferior version of The Last House on the Left.
This film has the following tropes:
- Ax-Crazy: Alex is cut from practically the same cloth as Hess' other legendary role.
- Butt-Monkey: The hosts. Enforced Trope though as it turned out. Ricky is a straighter version.
- Expy: Alex of Krug.
- He Who Fights Monsters: Tom and the other hosts.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Alex, after he attacks Ricky in a fit of rage.
- Rape and Revenge: See below.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: The rape victim at the beginning turns out to be the host Tom's sister and he deliberately invited Alex to the party so he could execute revenge.
- Video Nasties: Its main claim to fame.