Star Hero Mega Man is a My Hero Academia/Mega Man Star Force Fusion Fic by Vegeta the 3rd/Kishou the Badger. The premise is that the development of Quirks and EM wave technology happens at the same time.
Izuku lives in the midst of this revolution. When he was a child, he dreamed of becoming a Hero who could save others with a fearless smile on his face. But nowadays he spends most of his days at home, refusing to leave and face mockery for being one of the only Quirkless kids around and mourning the loss of his father, who was one of the astronauts stationed on Peace when it disappeared three years ago. He only leaves to watch Heroes fight Villains and to stargaze at night with his father's Visualizer, the last memento he has of him. On one of these nights, Izuku finds himself caught in a battle between two aliens made of pure EM Waves. But when one of them, a rogue named Omega-Xis, is on the verge of deletion, Izuku makes a decision that will change his life forever.
Star Hero Mega Man contains examples of:
- Age Lift: Luna, Kizamaro, and Gonta are all middle schoolers in this story, compared to elementary schoolers in the source material.
- Ascended Extra: Downplayed. Hisashi is still absent after Peace's destruction, but he's far more influential on Izuku here. It was his disappearance that finally broke Izuku's idealism and made him a shut-in.
- Blue Is Heroic: Omega-Xis' body consists of blue armor and he's the most heroic of the known FM-ians. Played for Laughs in a subversion where Omega-Xis' radio wave road trip for information on All Might alerted the Satella Police and are already looking for a "blue viral ghost" to delete.
- Broken Bird: In this story, Izuku cracked after years of bullying for his Quirklessness and losing his father when Peace was destroyed. He has since become a cynical shut-in who only leaves home to watch Hero fights, stargaze, and help his mom with shopping, bitterly mentioning how stupid his dream of becoming a Hero was. During his confrontation with Luna, he feels so miserable and alone that he can't even bring himself to feel angry until he realizes that she hadn't learned why he stopped going to school.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Zigzagged. Izuku is initially surprised and almost excited when a girl comes up to talk to him, fumbling for something to say. He calms down when he remembers that no one besides his own mother talks to him without wanting something, returning to his usual sourness and cynicism while speaking with Luna and her gang.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Although he's all but given up on his dreams of becoming a Hero, Izuku can't help himself when he sees someone in trouble and rushes to Omega-Xis' aid when Draco is about to finish him off.
- Composite Character:
- Izuku takes on aspects of Geo Stelar's backstory, having the Disappeared Dad, Visualizer, and interest in space on top of his existing character traits. He is also a Hikikomori, meets Omega-Xis, and is set to become Mega Man, just like Geo.
- Hisashi Midoriya also becomes one with Kelvin Stelar. He's an astronaut and one of Izuku's inspirations who tragically disappears after the destruction of Peace, a space station designed to promote communication with other sentient life.
- Cynicism Catalyst: Izuku put up with years of bullying while dreaming of becoming a Hero like All Might. But the weight of it came crashing down on him after losing his father, giving up on his dream and becoming a shut-in.
- Defector from Decadence: Omega-Xis is an FM warrior who stole the key to the superweapon Andromeda to protect Earth from his fellow FM-ians.
- Flipping the Bird: Omega-Xis does this while fleeing from the FM-ians on his tail.
- Friendless Background: While mentioning Luna and her gang's attempts to drag him back to school, Inko asks if they're his friends. Izuku tells her that he doesn't have friends after his relationship with Katsuki soured.
- Fusion Fic: The story merges the settings of Mega Man Star Force's EM wave technology and the Quirks of My Hero Academia.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: The Visualizer Hisashi left for Izuku allows one to see EM waves when worn. While they're initially just vague shapes, they gain the ability to see EM Wave Beings after Izuku is caught in the massive spray of EM Waves generated by Omega-Xis' and Draco's battle.
- Hero-Worshipper: Despite his bitterness, Izuku still admires Heroes and likes to watch and take notes on them out of habit. He still holds onto all of his All Might merchandise and stops in his tracks when a guy he helpd offers him an All Might doll, showing some of his former exuberance in the process. When sent tumbling down a hill by the FM-ians, Izuku's first instinct is to look for the collection of Hero Cards in his bag.
- It's All About Me: Izuku quickly realizes that Luna doesn't want him back at school for his own good, but to prop up her own image and make her looks responsible and helpful.
- Leave Me Alone!: Izuku says this word-for-word when Luna tries to bring him back to school.
- Mr. Exposition: Izuku's Info Dump to a pair of people struggling with their transers' wireless connection introduces readers to the specifics of EM technology.
- Original Character: Draco is a dragon-like FM-ian completely original to the story. There's also a scorpion-shaped FM-ian among the warriors chasing Omega-Xis.