- When Ruby Rose went to Beacon Academy two years early, she had assumed she was going to be the odd one out. Her sister, the Ice Queen Heiress and the mysterious dark-haired girl aside. What she didn't expect, what none of them expected, was that an even more mysterious teenager would join them. One with a power no other Hunter or Huntress has...and one that just may turn the tide..
Starting at the beginning of the RWBY series, the story operates on the idea that Ichigo has been transported to Vale and thus has to try blending in at Beacon Academy. While many of the original events occur, slowly things start to begin diverging, particularly with Yang and Ruby's mothers.
This story contains examples of:
- Always Someone Better: As powerful as Ichigo is, he is completely outclassed by his father Isshin.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Ruby thinks this of Ichigo's sword when he says it's called a Zanpakuto (Soul Cutter). When he explains that's what the type of weapon is called and it's actually named Zangetsu (Slaying Moon), she thinks that name is even cooler.
- Buffy Speak: Since Yang doesn't have any context for what to call a shihakusho, she ends up calling Ichigo's outfit a black...robe thing...
- Cover-Blowing Superpower: Ichigo tries really hard to use only the bare minimum of his powers and avoid using the ones that cannot be explained away as Aura or a Semblance.
- Facepalm: Ichigo does this when he asks how all five of them are going fit into one room...and everyone else just stares silently at him.
- I Can't Sense Their Presence: Since Grimm don't have souls, Ichigo and the others can't sense their reiatsu. They can however sense the negative energy they fill the air with, so they can tell if a Grimm is in the area, just not precisely.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: At a point when Ruby wants to do training while everyone else is intent on doing research on something Ichigo talked about, Yang and Blake both say they need to study. Weiss says she's planning on going to the library-which she then does.
- The One Guy: Ichigo is the one male member on Team RWBIY, something which Isshin is very proud of.
- Plot Parallel: This is touched on when Blake mentions that the book she is reading is about a man with two souls who are fighting for control of one another. Ichigo notes that it was basically his life not too long ago.
- Right for the Wrong Reasons: Yang says Ichigo has been holding out on them when it comes to his battle skills once she finds out that he's capable of using Kido. While she's correct that he's been holding back (only ever going one tier up at most when he's got several), his Kido skills are abysmal.
- Sarcasm Failure: Not even Blake has a response when she sees Ichigo's shikai release.
- Sensor Character: Ichigo teaches the girls how to sense reiatsu. Weiss seems to be the most talented at it.
- Share the Male Pain: Everyone, even Hollow Ichigo, cringes when Cardin kicks Jaune below the belt.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Summer is discovered alive and well by the cast, and her recovery is the focus of the Spin-Off Recovery.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Yang starts to take notice of Ichigo when he manages this trope on her.
- Sword Beam: Blake eventually develops an imitation of Ichigo's Getsuga Tensho, which looks like the sword beam she eventually uses on Roman Torchwick in "No Brakes".
- Translation Style Choices: In-Universe; a book found in the library seems to have information on Shinigami as it mentions several aspects of them accurately, but Ichigo isn't convinced since the book calls them "Reapers" instead. Becomes a nice little Mythology Gag when remembering the English dubbed anime for Bleach changed their title from Shinigami to the more fitting "Soul Reapers".